• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
IMG_20201005_191122940.jpg
IMG_20201005_191137254.jpg

These are astros I ordered that they accidentally put the ranger sole on. I still like them. Just put in an order for a 7 Eyelet astronaut in brown, hopefully they get the sole right this time.
IMG_20201005_190842913.jpg

Last edited:

Gsvs5

Reaction score
More or less curtailed my shopping habit as I begin retirement,but sometimes something timeless crosses your radar.
IMO The perfect Loafer.
Franceschetti Newport
65246E14-953B-4F9C-AA0E-4FD3A5C234B6.jpeg

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
More or less curtailed my shopping habit as I begin retirement,but sometimes something timeless crosses your radar.
IMO The perfect Loafer.
Franceschetti Newport View attachment 1471907
What about the edges of the band being stitched into the seams of the vamp?Bothers me when they cut corners. Wills England makes a nice vegan penny loafer with all the proper detailing.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Have to order the next size up in the monkey boot. They run small, but the black gibson fits like a dream and is fucking perfect.
The samba looking trainer is made with pineapple leather and the German style trainer is hemp.
IMG_20201005_195115274.jpg

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Did the skinheads and suedeheads only wear long wing brogues or were half wings ever seen?

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Good post. I don’t like Trump but you’re right— he’s taking China to task. https://victimsofcommunism.org/ <—-these folk are spreading the word pretty adamantly, too.
"Communism killed over 100 million"? Not enough!

I'm joking, of course. But it's a fairly ludicrous website, especially its McCarthyist calls for vigilance towards younger people who are fed up with capitalism, and especially in how it cites 'free enterprise' as a kind of human right. If we were to commemorate all the people killed for and by 'free enterprise', I promise the body count wouldn't stop at 100 million.

Last edited:

elmore

Reaction score
Didnt really get much better than James Fox in Performance did it. Always thought the fella here with the peroxide hair in Get Carter had a great late sixties mod look.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the edges of the band being stitched into the seams of the vamp?Bothers me when they cut corners.
You think that’s cutting corners?
Seems like an interesting detail that might require a bit more work. Sometimes I think that standard ‘half strap’ loafers look a bit untidy the way the ends of the strap just float there in the middle of the quarters, and the other solution of a ‘beef roll’ doesn’t really work on more formal loafers. I like the look of these.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's