• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I learnt a bit of a lesson regarding symbolism and politics in Poland in the mid90s. I spent a summer there and on a day trip to Krakow a bunch of us bought Polish Eagle* tee shirts.
We wore them in the dining hall the next day and you could have cut the air with a knife. Seems only far-right Poles would ever wear them (apart from tourists).

*plus the Scrabble players delight which means Polish Republic
I have never had a problem with flags and fail to see quite frankly what the problem is with the flag of St George , which is used by other countries outside of England . Certain fitba teams get into flag waving and so be it .
There is a guy who lives a few streets away from me who has a flag pole in his garden and recently he has been flying the CCP flag , which l can only surmise is to antagonise 1 or 2 of his neighbours makes no sense otherwise

Swampster

Reaction score
I wonder if there would issues wearing a flag of St George in Spain? Could it be seen as being pro-Catalan independence?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The age of subcultures is kind of over to be honest which is a shame in a way.
There were two Teddy Boys around 80ish in Kingston Wetherspoons on Tuesday. They are always there at the same table. Elaborate greased hairstyle, bootlace tie, brothel creepers or winkle pickers. It is quite a heavy maintenance look. One of them even has an eye patch like Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and you have to be very old to remember them.

I also know a few people who still go on about guitar bands from 40 or 50 years ago.

So there are still small niches of these subcultures around.

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score
There were two Teddy Boys around 80ish in Kingston Wetherspoons on Tuesday. They are always there at the same table. Elaborate greased hairstyle, bootlace tie, brothel creepers or winkle pickers. It is quite a heavy maintenance look. One of them even has an eye patch like Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and you have to be very old to remember them.

I also know a few people who still go on about guitar bands from 40 or 50 years ago.

So there are still small niches of these subcultures around.
Well thats certainly dedication, wonder if we will see 80 year old skinheads

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
And the 60s Maverick jacket. Maverick was Wrangler that was sold up North in America and canada. I actually dig Maverick way more for some reason even though it's the exact same as Wrangler.

IMG_20200812_211651596.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami