• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been polishing oxblood Bedale boots like those this very evening.
I have the Burford which are very similar , infact l am not sure how the two lasts differ.

Swampster

Reaction score
I have the Burford which are very similar , infact l am not sure how the two lasts differ.
Burford is an F. Bedale is a G. The Pennine last is also quite rounded on the toe. I have two pairs of boots and three pairs of shoes on this last.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JTG have suggested some nice looks, clean as hell. Too bad their micro-slim trousers are, well, micro-slim.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burford is an F. Bedale is a G. The Pennine last is also quite rounded on the toe. I have two pairs of boots and three pairs of shoes on this last.
Nice , which shoes are from that last. .

Last edited:

Swampster

Reaction score
Nice , which shows are from that last. .
I have the Edward and the Worton, which are both rubber soles ('Victory' and 'Dainite'), and another which is like the Edward but on leather called the Ashby. Mine are in brown, navy and tan respectively. The blue Wortons were a bit of an impulse buy at the factory shop - they took me back to some blue shoes I had as a teenager. However, being darker, they are a bit more subtle and work in many situations when I might otherwise wear black.
Loake do a Chelsea boot on the same last which I may go for, though without the laces to adjust the fit I may find it sloppy.

The Edward and Ashby are Oxfords but the shape of the last lets them work with less formal wear then most Oxfords would. The Badminton, on the other hand, is a Derby but on a more tapered last which I think makes it look a bit more formal. Even though it can be bought in a G, I found the 026 last pinched me too much - less room over the instep.

Last edited:

Swampster

Reaction score
Tried on a chelsea boot at the Loake shop this morning. A bit long for my stubby feet but otherwise a nice fit even if I had to go up a half size. Trouble is, I would need to hire a valet to remove them at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Swampster

Reaction score
A few TK Maxx buys from the weekend.
Both jackets are 3 button 2
I think they must ship them up your way, knowing that you will buy them :)
There are six TKs which I can easily get to, and I have yet to see any 3 button jackets. Went to one this morning.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Edward and the Worton, which are both rubber soles ('Victory' and 'Dainite'), and another which is like the Edward but on leather called the Ashby. Mine are in brown, navy and tan respectively. The blue Wortons were a bit of an impulse buy at the factory shop - they took me back to some blue shoes I had as a teenager. However, being darker, they are a bit more subtle and work in many situations when I might otherwise wear black.
Loake do a Chelsea boot on the same last which I may go for, though without the laces to adjust the fit I may find it sloppy.

The Edward and Ashby are Oxfords but the shape of the last lets them work with less formal wear then most Oxfords would. The Badminton, on the other hand, is a Derby but on a more tapered last which I think makes it look a bit more formal. Even though it can be bought in a G, I found the 026 last pinched me too much - less room over the instep.
I probably have narrow feet so the Burford is adequate whereas the Loake Chelsea boots l own are a neat fit . I have also 3 pairs of Loake shoes but none of the ones that you mention but l do have a pair of 200b's that are a G fitting which are great for when i have to be in a pair of formal shoes on for a whole day. .
The Burfords often get compliments from others , l even had a guy in a supermarket one day asking me which make my Burfords were.
I found a Loake shop up in the city shortly before the house arrest kicked in but l have not been in it yet , most of my Loake's have came from the shop in Strutton Ground , the guys in there are first rate. .

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or Miss Robinson
ooh er mrs. .

ETA; aye Anne Bancroft was possibly passed her best . However , in more recent times when Kathrine Ross pitched up in Donnie Darke , she still looked good. .

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.