• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pressuredrop

Reaction score
Me around 1970-71 complete with (as close as I was allowed) my first skinhead cut! I even asked me mum for some boots as well. Don’t remember getting em mind. Just some heavy duty kids shoes probably.
Pretty sweet Batman sweater you've got there!

Cutdown69

Reaction score
Not sure I want all these pictures of small boys on my computer... :embar::bounce2:
[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah I know what you mean....I only posted my pix as a tenuous link to the Suedehead era....my button down shirt (and blazer complete with breast patch)
Mind you, it's bad enough looking at old pictures of blokes in Levis and Ben Shermans without me feeling a bit embarrassed when my misses walks in!! (more girls please!..OK no, that might make things worse probably)

I just came across this pic
It's a modern 'take' on the northern smoothie/bootboy look, and the fella seems a nice bloke so not to be taken too seriously
Those troosers are something to behold. I think the leather coats were big on the Northern soul scene

Attachments

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:crazy: No offense, kinda looks like a nightmare mashup of the most extreme elements of '70s street fashion, nought modern-looking about that.

Cutdown69

Reaction score
I wasn't very clear what I meant Botolph
It's a modern picture, but trying to recreate the look with vintage gear...just for a photo shoot I think.
Not a modern take on it

(it's not me btw :))

Yorky

Reaction score
I wasn't very clear what I meant Botolph
It's a modern picture, but trying to recreate the look with vintage gear...just for a photo shoot I think.
Not a modern take on it

(it's not me btw :))
Shit paint job on the Lammy as well!

Cutdown69

Reaction score
I think that's deliberate Yorky...in those days scooters were either original paint or DIY spray can jobs (before Downtown Customs and those type of legends got involved)

Yorky

Reaction score
I think that's deliberate Yorky...in those days scooters were either original paint or DIY spray can jobs (before Downtown Customs and those type of legends got involved)
Eddie Grimstead in London did custom jobs in the 60's.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.