• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Reaction score
The longest my hair has been in years... sorry about the leer, 'she' says I look like a pervert. :oops:

I'm desperate to go out in some decent clothes. Been hanging around the house and garden in joggers, flip-flops and a variety of t-shirts I don't care about.

Oh, to be in some decent strides, shoes and shirts... Stay safe, folks. :stirpot:
Looks like you've shed a bit of timber there Ed.

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score
Aye, lost about 36 lbs, it's amazing how much fat you shift with ulcerative colitis. :colgate:

Great way to lose weight but it really shows you what your bum is for.

Well, that's lowered the tone a bit folks but, I have thrown away - charity shop as no one I know was portly (!) enough to fit my strides or shirts - so, when the pandemic ends, I'm going shopping.

Keep safe, chums.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lt's amazing how they apprehended folk back then , arm around the neck as if he is , trying to cuddle or strangle the suspect . Of course nowadays , if you are apprehended , if they think you are going to leg it , they pull yer breaches doon. .:crazy:

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score
lt's amazing how they apprehended folk back then , arm around the neck as if he is , trying to cuddle or strangle the suspect . Of course nowadays , if you are apprehended , if they think you are going to leg it , they pull yer breaches doon. .:crazy:
Breaches?

Oooooh, it's breeks where I come from! :slapfight:

Yorky

Reaction score
Then take you back to the cells and give you a slap, when no one else can see, and also maliciously slash your made to measure jacket. Just saying...
Oh I forgot they first of all have to arrest you when you're 2 minutes from home when you are doing nothing except walking and talking to your older brother at 2 O'clock in the morning. Then in court make up a pack of lies about you.
And that wasn't just one bad penny, but 6 of them in a van, coincidently around the corner in a residential estate where one of them lives.

Cutdown69

Reaction score
I'm slowly making my way through this forum.. Only up to page 756 so got a long way to go. I am loving it though.
There was a bit about sheepskins. I noticed almost all photos show light brown ones. I've got a dark brown one that I love.. Would appreciate your thoughts on it
I did find this photo although it is being worn by a lass

Attachments

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of us back in the day did wear dark brown ones. I have one myself. The only thing I might say about yours is that the pocket flaps look a little... well... flappy. But that's not a bad sheepie.

Inkss

Reaction score
Bought a vintage 60s deadstock suit from France about 5 years back. Didn't really fit at the time of purchase, but I've lost a few pounds since I gave up booze 504 days ago (not that I'm counting) so I thought I'd try it on again.
Pretty much nearly fits. High-waisted trousers with button up fly and made from a sort of tonic-ish hopsack.
suit.jpg

ton1.jpg

ton3.jpg

Cutdown69

Reaction score
Some of us back in the day did wear dark brown ones. I have one myself. The only thing I might say about yours is that the pocket flaps look a little... well... flappy. But that's not a bad sheepie.
Thanks M-o-M, yeah I just checked some old pics and a lot don't even have pocket flaps
I like the company tag on it though

Attachments

Cutdown69

Reaction score
Bought a vintage 60s deadstock suit from France about 5 years back. Didn't really fit at the time of purchase, but I've lost a few pounds since I gave up booze 504 days ago (not that I'm counting) so I thought I'd try it on again.
Pretty much nearly fits. High-waisted trousers with button up fly and made from a sort of tonic-ish hopsack.
View attachment 1392658
View attachment 1392660
View attachment 1392661
I'm not very qualified when it comes to suits, but the jacket looks a nice shape, nice material and looks fitted.
Why does Trump look like he's wearing a cheap £1 polyester suit.. F'ing awful?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.