• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t think I own anything by them. I have a few of theses mod/ psych freakbeat boxsets on grapefruit records too.

Early Quo:
Double denim Quo:

Looks like they went from Mod to Shag-head 🤣. I don’t care, I love this stuff

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thin White Duke, just read your blog on monkey jackets, where you state in a paragraph that 60s mods didn't wear denim/trucker jackets.

"I don’t recall seeing any evidence of sixties Mods wearing denim jackets. They may have been worn during the revival but there’s a closer association with Skins, Boot Boys, bikers, scooter boys and heavy metal fans (heavily embroidered). Windcheaters / windbreakers, Harringtons and monkey jackets are a step higher in formality than denim trucker jackets and just look a bit more sharp and polished which suits the Mod aesthetic. Worn with either a polo or Breton shirt, jeans or sta pressts, and desert boots or classic trainers they add a layer against the weather that could work through three seasons in the British climate."

This isn't the case as there are plenty of photos of 60s Mods wearing them, including well known faces.

View attachment 1387758View attachment 1387759View attachment 1387760View attachment 1387761View attachment 1387763View attachment 1387764View attachment 1387762
Brilliant pic of the Small Faces , Kenney looks super sharp. .
In this film you can see Mclaggan sporting the barrnet mentioned earlier

Yorky

Reaction score
Brilliant pic of the Small Faces , Kenney looks super sharp. .
In this film you can see Mclaggan sporting the barrnet mentioned earlier
Have you checked out the Small Faces 60s TV show Colour Me Pop where they play a lot of the Ogdens LP semi live, with Stanley Unwin doing the links. Incidentally one of my fave LPs, it has everything, must have got the album multiple times on different reissues, out takes and everything, but I treasure my copy of the original vinyl, and the CD which came in a tin with beer mats inside.

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score
The longest my hair has been in years... sorry about the leer, 'she' says I look like a pervert. :oops:

I'm desperate to go out in some decent clothes. Been hanging around the house and garden in joggers, flip-flops and a variety of t-shirts I don't care about.

Oh, to be in some decent strides, shoes and shirts... Stay safe, folks. :stirpot:

Attachments

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check this out.
Nice footage . I think l have seen the crowd scenes before as l'm sure they were used by ITN . Ah , those were the days when you could meet up with your mates , go to cafes , sit in bars , walk along the prom' in groups , all the shops were open , you could even stand in a group in a public place and the rozzers never said 'out . .ah it takes me back , takes me back indeed. .

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always good to see primary sources not some re-imagined rehash but the beach fighting was the death knell of original Mods for me. That (along with RSG I suppose) was when it all broke out from being an elite underground club of clothes and music obsessed adherents, the press got the word, the high street shops jumped on board, and every little knacker around the country looking for a scrap joined up!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.