• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Gsvs5

Reaction score
Some great HQ stills from 'Bronco Bullfrog' - 1970.

I vividly remember sciving off school on a miserable wet weekday to go to the Picture House and see this.
Filled with high expectations and an empty cinema matinee,it was as dull as the weather we were escaping outside.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

Has Commie virus wiped out the forum . .

Inkss

Reaction score
The blue check jacket I bought from Slovenia turned up. For once it was something that didn't need alterations.
It arrived quicker than something I ordered at the same time from four miles up the road.
Thought I'd give a tab-collar shirt a try, so I picked one of thse up as well.
sl.jpg

Also picked up this 'new without tags' POW shirt for £12/$15
hawescurtis.jpg

Thought I'd take a punt on these dogtooth/houndstooth strides as well :
tru.jpg

They're only a cheap poly/visc blend, but they were £17.50/$21.50. I like the cut of them, and they can't be worse than Relco strides that are over twice the price for the same old schmatte. I'll see what they're like when they arrive.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue check jacket I bought from Slovenia turned up. For once it was something that didn't need alterations.
It arrived quicker than something I ordered at the same time from four miles up the road.
Thought I'd give a tab-collar shirt a try, so I picked one of thse up as well.
View attachment 1355424

Also picked up this 'new without tags' POW shirt for £12/$15
Very smart, inks. .

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some of those Relco ones you mention - PoW and houndstooth. The quality is far from impressive but in my defense I got ‘em cheap and they are OK especially for travel as they usually arrive less creased than me!

Inkss

Reaction score
I've had two Relco items. A pair of houndstooth strides that split in the seat on the first wearing, (I was only getting into a cab, not doing squat-thrusts or owt), and a paisley BD that shrank and faded to fuckery on it's first 30 degree wash. So for myself and Relco, it's a case of twice bitten, thrice bloody livid.
I think the only other time a pair of my trousers has split in on the seat-seam was when I was playing football on the school playground when I was a kid.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had two Relco items. A pair of houndstooth strides that split in the seat on the first wearing, (I was only getting into a cab, not doing squat-thrusts or owt), and a paisley BD that shrank and faded to fuckery on it's first 30 degree wash. So for myself and Relco, it's a case of twice bitten, thrice bloody livid.
I think the only other time a pair of my trousers has split in on the seat-seam was when I was playing football on the school playground when I was a kid.
I have had a few pairs of their staprest, the quality does seem to vary which l think means , they use different manufacturers.
I have had the stitching go at the pockets but a quick trip to the seamstress was the answer to that. .

Inkss

Reaction score
There's also this company that do an almost identical line of strides to Relco, but cheaper :

I might give the POW ones a go

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had a few pairs of their staprest, the quality does seem to vary which l think means , they use different manufacturers.
I have had the stitching go at the pockets but a quick trip to the seamstress was the answer to that. .
I think you’re right mate - notice the fabrics. My PoW and Houndstooth ones are a rather unpleasant Poly Viscose blend but I have some light grey and black ones that are Poly cotton and much more like what you’d expect. Cuts are different too with the light grey ones being looser with a high rise, the blacks being slim fit and lower rise.

The best sta pressts I had were sky blue and dark blue from Merc. The model was called ‘Lord John’ from about ten years ago. Of course they’ve since changed the cut, style and fabric so I’ve no idea what Mercs are like now.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.