• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was kind of like a predecessor of the modern car , l think it had a 3 speed gear box and was eventually replaced with . .the Ford Angle box l believe. Those leather seats that Yorkie mentioned were more likely PVC , Ford , spared no expence back in those days , their ignition systems were , er, legendary. .
Definitely red leather, it had a side valve engine.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hate how bland and boring modern cars look, even a reliant robin is more appealing then some modern ones.
I totally get that , 6ts cars had more character but they rotted before your eyes in this climate and their reliability and dependability was very much in question even in the quality cars of the day . Fuel injection and electronic ignition made a big difference, a huge difference.

Low tech lost out in the end.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely red leather, it had a side valve engine.
Aye the illustrious, side valve engine, a paragon of low tech. I remember them raving about the 'modern crossflow engine" of the mark 1 fiestas. .phenomenal tech
Per the red leather , it must have been a deluxe model.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I totally get that , 6ts cars had more character but they rotted before your eyes in this climate and their reliability and dependability was very much in question even in the quality cars of the day . Fuel injection and electronic ignition made a big difference, a huge difference.

Low tech lost out in the end.

Old syle cars with modern tech would be cool, if i learnt to drive i would think about getting an old car but sounds like a pain ***********.

Inkss

Reaction score
Picked this up for £35/$45 (including postage)
ivee.jpg

From the ebay seller cernak.m in Slovakia. Had a couple of things from him before and they're always good quality. Quite a good collection of three-button and Ivy-ish vintage gear.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aye the illustrious, side valve engine, a paragon of low tech. I remember them raving about the 'modern crossflow engine" of the mark 1 fiestas. .phenomenal tech
Per the red leather , it must have been a deluxe model.
Luxury!!!!!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
The toes on those boots are just asking to be bulled up. .

Perhaps not as noticeable on the pics but the grain leather is starting to look a bit brownish due to age, i gave em a bit of a polish when i got them to nourish em a bit. Don't think i would bull em though prefer the battered look with boots as i mainly just wear em with my donkey jackets, looks a bit more industrial.

I polish my army oxford shoes though to wear with my suit.

andyf

Reaction score
Got these boots recently, sole is much like ones in some skinhead pics of the time, they are rough around the edges but still thick leather and sole, perhaps given out to factory workers or some such thing?

View attachment 1346281
View attachment 1346282
View attachment 1346283
Actually post war DMS ( direct moulded sole), Army boots. Cheaper and easier on the feet than the WW2 hobnailed ammo boot with the leather sole. Although tankies were issued DMS during the war.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Na, there not dms boots, different sole, different style heel stitching. i have a pair of dms, they usually had the size number then the width number. dms boots were kind of ****** thin cardboard leather.

1.jpg

andyf

Reaction score
Na, there not dms boots, different sole, different style heel stitching. i have a pair of dms, they usually had the size number then the width number. dms boots were kind of ****** thin cardboard leather.

View attachment 1346331
blind man be glad to see it! Come on there’s not much difference really is there? The boot you have there that isn’t a dms looks almost identical to the leather soled ammo boot.
pair of dms I had. The leather was great. Although they were an earlier version.

Attachments

• 9634F505-3C56-4379-844F-52957AF63E1B.jpeg
    9634F505-3C56-4379-844F-52957AF63E1B.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 68

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads