• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was lucky to get 50 MPH downhill if I was lucky out of my Vespa 100, and I was lightweight. It came to a sudden stop though one day when a car pulled out on me and I went into the side of it. The irony of it is he was a retired postman, a Quadrophenia quote springs to mind.
The 100cc had better acceleration than any 50cc but probably cruised in the 40s

I actually had a post van with the sliding on it pull out on front of me , the door was open and l almost hit the driver.
He drove me to the cop shop to report it . The police asked him who he thought was responsible he said 50-50 , they looked at me and l said it was the postie. .

Yeah watching that bit in Quad" was a bit if a flashback

Yorky

Reaction score
The 100cc had better acceleration than any 50cc but probably cruised in the 40s

I actually had a post van with the sliding on it pull out on front of me , the door was open and l almost hit the driver.
He drove me to the cop shop to report it . The police asked him who he thought was responsible he said 50-50 , they looked at me and l said it was the postie. .

Yeah watching that bit in Quad" was a bit if a flashback
The bloke that I hit said that I was speeding, which was unlikely as I was going uphill, wish that I'd got the cops in, as he was driving out of a side road which was a dead end, and the only thing up there was the RAF Club, it was 11 O'clock at night and he was probably over the limit. The scooter was declared a right off and I ruined my trench coat. I was probably lucky not to get impaled on my many mirror stems, l actually landed on the other side of his bonnet.
Just at the top of that road, a few months earlier, I skidded in the rain at a junction and demolished an illuminated keep left sign, it was even more embarrassing as all the local punks that knew me were stood on the pavement waiting to cross the road. After they had stopped laughing they came over to see if I was ok.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bloke that I hit said that I was speeding, which was unlikely as I was going uphill, wish that I'd got the cops in, as he was driving out of a side road which was a dead end, and the only thing up there was the RAF Club, it was 11 O'clock at night and he was probably over the limit. The scooter was declared a right off and I ruined my trench coat. I was probably lucky not to get impaled on my many mirror stems, l actually landed on the other side of his bonnet.
Just at the top of that road, a few months earlier, I skidded in the rain at a junction and demolished an illuminated keep left sign, it was even more embarrassing as all the local punks that knew me were stood on the pavement waiting to cross the road. After they had stopped laughing they came over to see if I was ok.
I had a driver pull out on me when l was riding my bicycle along a busy main road. I anticipated he would pull out and swerved behind him but there was a tow rope. .

Three days later after an operation , l went down the cop shop to collect my bicycle ( an ambulance had taken me away from the scene) . When l got to the cop shop l asked what was happening and they said " the driver said you were speeding!"

Yorky

Reaction score
I like the green beige car in the background, any idea which model?
I think that it's a Ford Popular 100e, the ex wife bought one when we first got married. I hated it, no radio never mind a tape deck, no heater, uncomfortable leather seats, vacuum operated wipers that wouldn't work unless the engine was at high revs, had to double the clutch, shitty dull grey paint job, and loads of chrome that she wouldn't polish and expected me to do it.
The kids in the photos look like they are in a fancy dress competition.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that it's a Ford Popular 100e, the ex wife bought one when we first got married. I hated it, no radio never mind a tape deck, no heater, uncomfortable leather seats, vacuum operated wipers that wouldn't work unless the engine was at high revs, had to double the clutch, shitty dull grey paint job, and loads of chrome that she wouldn't polish and expected me to do it.
I think you are right , Yorkie. .

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Quite a nice lookin car to me

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a nice lookin car to me
It was kind of like a predecessor of the modern car , l think it had a 3 speed gear box and was eventually replaced with . .the Ford Angle box l believe. Those leather seats that Yorkie mentioned were more likely PVC , Ford , spared no expence back in those days , their ignition systems were , er, legendary. .

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Edit : oooops mistake it was a post for the other thread.

Simply visiting this scooter /cars thread....
Sayonara

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.