• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
Haha I’m in New York right now and this look is very much in evidence!
When I was there in '90 there were a quite a few women wearing those harlequin catsuits (a la Deee-Lite), which was nice. The most well-turned-out ladies were the young Nuyorican women. Always dressed to the nines, no matter what the style.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was there in '90 there were a quite a few women wearing those harlequin catsuits (a la Deee-Lite), which was nice. The most well-turned-out ladies were the young Nuyorican women. Always dressed to the nines, no matter what the style.
Yup agreed - but that’s only in the summer. Right now everyone’s just shuffling about in the cold and 90% of winter coats are black, grey or navy so it’s like being in a Fritz Lang film. I love NYC in the warm weather but it’s shite in the winter.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I posted the whole thing back on page 2088, but I think the first bit where he's dressing up, is the most interesting, styles-wise.
When i watched it they looked like the ones who may of actually been skinheads, judging by there style, the main lad is an actor.

There is also skins in the series 2 episode safe in the streets

Yorky

Reaction score
Used to attend the Aug bank holiday rally every year up until about 96/97. Didn't take my Lamby though, as it was difficult to get the wife, 2 suitcases, miniature ironing board and a box of records on it!

The Saint

Reaction score
My best friend at uni wears red DMs with leggings and she looks utterly gorgeous. So ner ner na NER ner! :D
Lol. .

I would wager , l would wager however that she'd look even better with a classic Mod dress and heels or even some ski-pants and a pair of pumps .😉

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. .

I would wager , l would wager however that she'd look even better with a classic Mod dress and heels or even some ski-pants and a pair of pumps .😉
I wouldn’t!
Most female Mods look crap. Dressed like grannies in maryjane shoes and frumpy frocks. Much prefer the late sixties Bardot / Natalie Delon look.

The Saint

Reaction score
I wouldn’t!
Most female Mods look crap. Dressed like grannies in maryjane shoes and frumpy frocks. Much prefer the late sixties Bardot / Natalie Delon look.

Sounds like you're attending the wrong Mod do's , Rodders. .

Last edited:

Inkss

Reaction score
I remember seeing this episode when it came out. It was crap. Stereotypical crap. The George Gently skinhead episode was even worse.
Never got on with the character George Gently. Too unprofessional for my liking.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 132 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%