• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I'm in the otherwiseal buisiness, i go into a shop and say give me a 100 quid a a week otherwise ill smash tha windas.

It does look a bit gangsterish which is good imo.

Yorky

Reaction score
I'm in the otherwiseal buisiness, i go into a shop and say give me a 100 quid a a week otherwise ill smash tha windas.

It does look a bit gangsterish which is good imo.
No I meant that you looked like a criminal out of the Sweeney, and with inflation I'd ask for at least a 200er. Is that a Donkey or a pony or a ferret to the Londoners/Cockneys.😎

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
No I meant that you looked like a criminal out of the Sweeney, and with inflation I'd ask for at least a 200er. Is that a Donkey or a pony or a ferret to the Londoners/Cockneys.😎
I got what you mean lol was just trying to do that joke from dick emery.

Most crims don't dress as well as they used to tbh

Kingstonian

Reaction score
Is nostalgia allowed on this thread or will Clouseau be along shortly with a warning?

I have started watching reruns of The Sweeney again checking locations on the internet. People seem to be able to park anywhere. Few yellow lines. Everybody is smoking. Everbody is politically incorrect. Regan is always grumpy. Clothes are terrible.

Example - opening scene Regan in the back of a cab smoking and doing survelliance. His opening line is :-

‘How did we manage in this sceptred Isle before we started poncing off the Ayrabs?’

When the victim gets mugged Regan and Carter just take the p*ss out of him.

The Saint

Reaction score
Speaking of MiE, I just bought a pair of these ugly MiE heavy-duty safety shoes for £15/$20.
Leather upper, leather soles, welted, and steel toecaps.
View attachment 1289312

View attachment 1289314

A bit clodhopper-y. Fifteen quid though.
About 25yrs ago l bought a brand new pair of brogue safety shoes with the exact same sole on them , cost £14 brand new . They were heavy per the steel toe cap and you couldn't have gone dancing in them because if you accidentally kicked someone , you would probably have broke their leg. .

The Saint

Reaction score
Is nostalgia allowed on this thread or will Clouseau be along shortly with a warning?

I have started watching reruns of The Sweeney again checking locations on the internet. People seem to be able to park anywhere. Few yellow lines. Everybody is smoking. Everbody is politically incorrect. Regan is always grumpy. Clothes are terrible.

Example - opening scene Regan in the back of a cab smoking and doing survelliance. His opening line is :-

‘How did we manage in this sceptred Isle before we started poncing off the Ayrabs?’

When the victim gets mugged Regan and Carter just take the p*ss out of him.
Brilliant . The country has changed dramatically in the last 22 years , never mind since the Sweeney era . Different country now. .

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40