• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never called it a trucker until I started working at the Levi's store. We called it a denim jacket before. When I saw it being marketed as a trucker it felt cringy and very hipster. I just imagined some Allston douche with a big beard, mesh PBR baseball cap, skinny jeans and a bunch of meaningless tattoos who goes to indie folk basement shows.
Same as people referring to a biker jacket as a ‘double rider’ - when did this shit start?

The Saint

Reaction score
That's just my Stasi training, mate.
Ah yes , the Stasi , l nearly forgot about them . I was listening to one of their ex-agents on the radio one day talking about how hard it used to be to find people and er, spy on them . Then he said ' of course , nowadays we have the internet'.. :cool2:

Yorky

Reaction score
Great stuff, still want to look at the banners in the NUM offices sometime.
Walked back to work under that banner in March 85 at about 5 in the morning. About 2000 of us and we were confronted by 6 miners from Kent on the picket line so we all went back to bed. The Met and army in police uniforms had gone by then, so we didn't start a fight with the local bobbies, The Kent miners went back the next day, just a shame that the rest of the South didn't have the same balls!

Yorky

Reaction score
Why does the banner say Prince of Wales on it . .
Because the Mine was called the Prince of Wales Colliery.
He once visited before I started work there, and they white washed everything in the pit bottom, he thought it was a lovely place to work. He then went into the pit canteen where my Auntie worked, and she asked him about the men who had died there since the1800's and he said to her it was all in a days work. WANKER.

The Saint

Reaction score
Because the Mine was called the Prince of Wales Colliery.
He once visited before I started work there, and they white washed everything in the pit bottom, he thought it was a lovely place to work. He then went into the pit canteen where my Auntie worked, and she asked him about the men who had died there since the1800's and he said to her it was all in a days work. WANKER.
Ah okay , got it . .

He probably had no idea about what it was like to work down there. To be honest , I don't. Aye , l have seen the footage of guys down there and have worked with guys who had been down pit but all l really know is they couldn't pay me enough to go doon there.

I once worked in a hangar that was visited by his first wife . The chief engineer welcomed her in the door and she said " oh, I can smell paint!"

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me the use of the word SCAB, is one of the worst insults that can be used.
Just thinking a few pages back, I think whoever-it-was actually posted "ACAB" which stands for "All Coppers Are B*******"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40