• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They probably thought that I looked like a trouble causer with my crew cut, which I wasn't. I was just pissed off as I'd had my eye on a lass and was going to chance my arm with her, never did get into any hanky panky her. But having said that seeing her around about 40 years later, l think that I had a lucky escape.
I totally get that . I would imagine there are one or two of us on here who have experienced similar great escapes. .

I recall dancing with this bird one night at a club and after the dance I couldn't find her again but later on l met the girl l married .
Couple of months later l am at a different venue with my buddie and he picks up the bird l couldn't find again .
After 2 nights out with her , he dumped her and told me that the girl was a psycho. ??

Inkss

Reaction score
I’ve been watching some of the old Hazell tv series on the talking pictures channel , that is some eye opener on fashion especially the Lionel’s?
There's some excellent stuff on Talking Pictures. Plenty of obscure old British stuff as well as classics and 60s 'kitchen sink' stuff, and some great little short docs between the programmes.
Pretty impressive for a small family-run operation out of Watford.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They probably thought that I looked like a trouble causer with my crew cut, which I wasn't. I was just pissed off as I'd had my eye on a lass and was going to chance my arm with her, never did get into any hanky panky with her. But having said that seeing her around about 40 years later, l think that I had a lucky escape.
My only experience of Wakefield was getting on one of the twenty busses from Carnegie to go to the Christmas doo at the Rooftop Gardens. It was on in late November which happened to be around my birthday. For happy hour you got a free pint if you bought one so everyone just passed their freebies on to me.
Ended up chundering in a carrier bag on the bus home!
Still went back the next year.
And the next!

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only experience of Wakefield was getting on one of the twenty busses from Carnegie to go to the Christmas doo at the Rooftop Gardens. It was on in late November which happened to be around my birthday. For happy hour you got a free pint if you bought one so everyone just passed their freebies on to me.
Ended up chundering in a carrier bag on the bus home!
Still went back the next year.
And the next!
We could have crossed paths, l saw Steve Marriott there with his band the Packet of Three, in about 1984.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This would have been November 86, 87 and 88 when I was at college in Leeds. The place was famous for its light show which it displayed early on to Frankie Goes To Hollywood music.

Impressive club like (but why Wakefield of all places?)

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reckon the pretty “un - pc” Sweeny, gotta be in the running with some dodgy Lionel’s and other horrid 70s clobber.
There are probably a raft of shows we enjoyed in the 7ts that will never see the light of day presently , this side of the current pc brigade. .

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My website is finally up and running! Only 4 items on at the moment but more to come, shirts, pants, and footwear will be up in the next few weeks. Let me know if you have any suggestions as it may still need to be ironed out a bit.
The picture on the homepage reminds me of the front cover of The Style Councils, Our Favourite Shop album.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My website is finally up and running! Only 4 items on at the moment but more to come, shirts, pants, and footwear will be up in the next few weeks. Let me know if you have any suggestions as it may still need to be ironed out a bit.

Nice job, Nik. The candy stripe button down is the balls. Getting any more XL’s in?

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Nice job, Nik. The candy stripe button down is the balls. Getting any more XL’s in?

Thanks brother!
Unfortunately that fabric was remanence the factory had. It's a beautiful Italian fabric. I know of an Italian fabric company that does stuff like this but it's wicked expensive, like 15 to 20 a yard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads