• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
An ebay purchase I definitely won't be making:
Had to double-check the seller wasn't R.Mutt.
That liner contrasts awfully with it too, and its far too slim. The only reasons it costs that because its the limited brand supreme.

I would rather have one whats been in the back of a shed for 40 years to be honest, only a fucking moron would pay that much for one.

Yorky

Reaction score
That liner contrasts awfully with it too, and its far too slim. The only reasons it costs that because its the limited brand supreme.

I would rather have one whats been in the back of a shed for 40 years to be honest, only a fucking moron would pay that much for one.
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
IMG_7906.jpg

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
View attachment 1277167

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?
''Made in England donkey jacket''

So every donkey jacket made in the last 30-50 years available off eBay for 20 to 40 quid, what a bunch of thieving c*nts.

The Saint

Reaction score
Anyone know why they're called Donkey Jackets (polite answers only please), as I don't .
Apparently the sack coat is a precursor to the 18th c donkey jaiket . .

In 1888 George Key opened up his own shop above his father John Key's first-floor draper shop on Lower Brook Street in Rugeley Staffordshire, England. That same year, Key designed a new type of coat made of a hard-wearing material developed for those who were working on the construction of the Manchester Ship Canal. Some of the navvies worked on donkey engines (a steam-powered winch or logging engine), providing the inspiration for the name of George Key's new coat: the donkey jacket.[1]

Inkss

Reaction score
Looking the dogs bollocks there Inkss
Cheers Yorky.
The £10 blue wool Daniel Hechter jacket turned up today. Wasn't sure what is was going to be like because of the bad photo in the listing. Turns out it was in good condition. Even had a scrunched up wedding invite in the inside pocket. So maybe it was a genuine 'worn only once at a wedding' job.
dh4.jpg

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Giving off the mobster vibes Inkss, excellent outfit and the lighting and environment is nicely chosen.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40