• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Reaction score
That liner contrasts awfully with it too, and its far too slim. The only reasons it costs that because its the limited brand supreme.

I would rather have one whats been in the back of a shed for 40 years to be honest, only a fucking moron would pay that much for one.
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
IMG_7906.jpg

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
View attachment 1277167

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?
''Made in England donkey jacket''

So every donkey jacket made in the last 30-50 years available off eBay for 20 to 40 quid, what a bunch of thieving c*nts.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why they're called Donkey Jackets (polite answers only please), as I don't .
Apparently the sack coat is a precursor to the 18th c donkey jaiket . .

In 1888 George Key opened up his own shop above his father John Key's first-floor draper shop on Lower Brook Street in Rugeley Staffordshire, England. That same year, Key designed a new type of coat made of a hard-wearing material developed for those who were working on the construction of the Manchester Ship Canal. Some of the navvies worked on donkey engines (a steam-powered winch or logging engine), providing the inspiration for the name of George Key's new coat: the donkey jacket.[1]

Inkss

Reaction score
Looking the dogs bollocks there Inkss
Cheers Yorky.
The £10 blue wool Daniel Hechter jacket turned up today. Wasn't sure what is was going to be like because of the bad photo in the listing. Turns out it was in good condition. Even had a scrunched up wedding invite in the inside pocket. So maybe it was a genuine 'worn only once at a wedding' job.
dh4.jpg

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Giving off the mobster vibes Inkss, excellent outfit and the lighting and environment is nicely chosen.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.