• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Yorky

Reaction score
That liner contrasts awfully with it too, and its far too slim. The only reasons it costs that because its the limited brand supreme.

I would rather have one whats been in the back of a shed for 40 years to be honest, only a fucking moron would pay that much for one.
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
IMG_7906.jpg

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
What about this Fred Perry Donkey Jacket, now only 175 quid.
View attachment 1277167

Must be a bit bulky and warm to wear on the court, I wonder if they do a white version, to wear at Wimbledon?
''Made in England donkey jacket''

So every donkey jacket made in the last 30-50 years available off eBay for 20 to 40 quid, what a bunch of thieving c*nts.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why they're called Donkey Jackets (polite answers only please), as I don't .
Apparently the sack coat is a precursor to the 18th c donkey jaiket . .

In 1888 George Key opened up his own shop above his father John Key's first-floor draper shop on Lower Brook Street in Rugeley Staffordshire, England. That same year, Key designed a new type of coat made of a hard-wearing material developed for those who were working on the construction of the Manchester Ship Canal. Some of the navvies worked on donkey engines (a steam-powered winch or logging engine), providing the inspiration for the name of George Key's new coat: the donkey jacket.[1]

Inkss

Reaction score
Looking the dogs bollocks there Inkss
Cheers Yorky.
The £10 blue wool Daniel Hechter jacket turned up today. Wasn't sure what is was going to be like because of the bad photo in the listing. Turns out it was in good condition. Even had a scrunched up wedding invite in the inside pocket. So maybe it was a genuine 'worn only once at a wedding' job.
dh4.jpg

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Giving off the mobster vibes Inkss, excellent outfit and the lighting and environment is nicely chosen.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.