• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Natty Pinstripe

Reaction score
Definitely not in East London and I'm sure word would have spread if they'd be around elsewhere in London. The first lined denim jacket I came across was a blanket lined Lee Stormrider and that was the late '70's in the USA.

The Saint

Reaction score
Definitely not in East London and I'm sure word would have spread if they'd be around elsewhere in London. The first lined denim jacket I came across was a blanket lined Lee Stormrider and that was the late '70's in the USA.
The only lined Levi's jackets l have seen are the ones with the faux sheepskin, which always seem to be on sale. .
I did buy a wool G9 very recently in TKmaxx. We certainly didn't have them back in the day but it was a great price so l bought it

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
I got this 60s one from the shop. But must be strictly American. The mud gaurd was removed in an act of inebriated peer pressure many years ago. But I'm pretty happy with the sport guard that's on it now

Natty Pinstripe

Reaction score
The Saint, I forgot about the fluffy white lining. If I can now remember correctly they first appeared in London as a girls fashion company denim item in the early 70's. They probably nicked the idea from Levis, but I'm not sure Levis offered that for sale in London

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Do any originals in here remember if flannel lined denim jackets were a thing in England during the first wave?

Got this cool 60s flannel lined Levi's jacket. Wearing it with Levi's sta-prest cords.View attachment 1243590
Not a bad look, always thought flat caps work well with trucker jackets, much more than cowboy hats and other stereo-typically western items, your hat and trucker reminds me of Charlie Bronson(sans the tache) in Mr Majestyk(a good thing!)

1.jpg

The Saint

Reaction score
The Saint, I forgot about the fluffy white lining. If I can now remember correctly they first appeared in London as a girls fashion company denim item in the early 70's. They probably nicked the idea from Levis, but I'm not sure Levis offered that for sale in London
I reckon l saw my first one in a Levis outlet somewhere in California .
Surprisingly enough, the Levi's l used to buy that were made Stateside never seemed to last , they always seemed to just fall apart compared to the bulk of my Levi's purchases that have been bought in dear old Blighty. .

The Saint

Reaction score
Start of a cutdown very popular during late 60s as well.
I liked the cut downs but it is something l wouldn't have indulged in personally. I liked the mirrors thing too but never indulged in that much either , all a bit indulgent l suppose.
Of course back in the day these things were generally trends.
What l did like to indulge in was engine improvements that gave positively more thrust and reliability, loved that. .

The Saint

Reaction score
I actually let the guy cut it off with a saw 😩🤦🏼‍♂️
It was certainly done back in the day and that small guard is bound to be lighter but I'm more of a full on mud guard guy.
There are only 3 bolts holding it on but l reckon the hydraulic brake is the prob because with the cable brake you could have it off the scooter and back together in 10 mins easy. .

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start of a cutdown very popular during late 60s as well.
I remember two skinheads that lived opposite me doing that to their scooters around 1970, them having sharp edges or something, finished off with a fairly horrible yellow (and blue?) paint job. They didn't seem to have them for long.

andyf

Reaction score
It was certainly done back in the day and that small guard is bound to be lighter but I'm more of a full on mud guard guy.
There are only 3 bolts holding it on but l reckon the hydraulic brake is the prob because with the cable brake you could have it off the scooter and back together in 10 mins easy. .
I’ve also preferred full mudguards on mine

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.