• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I wish women dressed like that now.

Some of the thing described what they did with there suits sounds a bit daft imo today, oneupmanship imo is not always a good thing when taken to the extreme, reminds me of a certain picture of a jacket posted on here with about 10 ticket pockets, looked ridiculous.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish women dressed like that now.

Some of the thing described what they did with there suits sounds a bit daft imo today, oneupmanship imo is not always a good thing when taken to the extreme, reminds me of a certain picture of a jacket posted on here with about 10 ticket pockets, looked ridiculous.

Hear, hear. The closest thing for us over here is the well-dressed women taking the bus downtown to the office in the mornings. Some incredibly well turned-out chicks. Really puts a spring in your step at 7:00 AM heading out 😁

The Saint

Reaction score
Brilliant find indeed. I remember gazing at young women like this when I was fourteen and heaving a sigh that I was too young and couldn't buy groovy gear on my pocket money! :confused:;)

View attachment 1241189
Indeed, the women always seemed to look fabulous in those old photos. Nowadays, if you did see a woman dressed like that she'd probably be wearing a pair of trainers. .

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.