• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have some mates that don mohicans etc in there 50s. Ones who can’t stick up bits of hair on the sides of their head because it’s fallen out elsewhere. I just look at them now and think ffs grow up. It didn’t look good at the time. And it’s certainly a damn site worse at there age.
Incidentally I was looking up “mod sites” for music reviews earlier. And I saw yourself in a very smart suit. Mod generation.
Yeah the great thing about the Mod/skin/suede/Ivy look is that not only is it versatile across a multitude of scenarios but also across age groups (with a bit of cautious editing - no Jam shoes for those of us of a certain vintage!). The goth look? Not so much!
And thanks - if that was the pic in the tobacco linen suit I posted it here as well on the ‘Look Goes On’ thread. Plenty more at rodsmodblog.wordpress.com.

andyf

Reaction score
Yeah the great thing about the Mod/skin/suede/Ivy look is that not only is it versatile across a multitude of scenarios but also across age groups (with a bit of cautious editing - no Jam shoes for those of us of a certain vintage!). The goth look? Not so much!
And thanks - if that was the pic in the tobacco linen suit I posted it here as well on the ‘Look Goes On’ thread. Plenty more at rodsmodblog.wordpress.com.
Yes I believe it was. And agreed the mod look, jam shoes aside ( I had blue with a white stripe!) or those other jam shoes pointy black with a white apron oh dear!.
Is pretty timeless a nd still looks great today.

Newton heath

Reaction score
After my search for a reasonably priced bd shirt ( with my scrawny neck) after looking at bens (oh dear) and Fred Perry’s ( not bad but overpriced),I bought one from next quite pleased with the fit , but goodness me there is a lot of overpriced tat,

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Alright, it seems that my memory was playing tricks on me. The Japanese television personality I mentioned is definitely not in his forties yet. He could probably use a smaller size Baracuta too.

View attachment 1237513
Not too shocking methinks, Japanese seem to really like british fashions. There is a story about donkey jackets being popular in japan at some time, the thought of Japanese dressed like bin men/miners still raises an eyebrow.

Yorky

Reaction score
Not too shocking methinks, Japanese seem to really like british fashions. There is a story about donkey jackets being popular in japan at some time, the thought of Japanese dressed like bin men/miners still raises an eyebrow.
I think that it's time for a film remake of The Seven Samuria: reboot - The Seven Bin Men.

Yorky

Reaction score
I would legit watch that, would have to have toshiro mifune in the lead just give him a yorkshire accent(already has the sideburns and grizzled face)

Not the namby pamby bin men like today, but the ones that used to carry metal bins on their backs full off rubbish and ashes from coal fires!! And not leave rubbish on the roads behind them.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
To be fair its still a mucky job having done it meself, the recycling wagons were worst, fast paced and some people are so thick they try and recycle shit like used nappies(i just didn't bother taking there recycling boxes) i don't look down on them because society does need these people to operative( and i don't look down on people anyway).

The Saint

Reaction score
After my search for a reasonably priced bd shirt ( with my scrawny neck) after looking at bens (oh dear) and Fred Perry’s ( not bad but overpriced),I bought one from next quite pleased with the fit , but goodness me there is a lot of overpriced tat,
I was in Boness in Windermere yesterday and found a shop selling MtM shirts but they wanted £150.
I was wearing my stingy brim hat at the time because it was raining and found that a lot of people said hello to me.🤤

Yorky

Reaction score
To be fair its still a mucky job having done it meself, the recycling wagons were worst, fast paced and some people are so thick they try and recycle shit like used nappies(i just didn't bother taking there recycling boxes) i don't look down on them because society does need these people to operative( and i don't look down on people anyway).
Hi Donkey I agree with you, and neither do I, just thought old fashioned bin men would be better for the film, and modern bin men don't wear Donkey jackets.
I know what amucky job is having worked in a coal mine for 21 years.😎

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Hi Donkey I agree with you, and neither do I, just thought old fashioned bin men would be better for the film, and modern bin men don't wear Donkey jackets.
I wore a donkey jacket under my hi viz:-D

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore a donkey jacket under my hi viz:-D

The other two are on their way...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.