• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All forms of style seems to have disappeared in the 90s and never come back
Yeah, but newer, more bizarre forms replaced them. Or should I say, "fashion" completely took over for "style". Every "season" something new and "indispensable" comes out that everyone HAS to have... then throw it out, wash, rinse, repeat...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but newer, more bizarre forms replaced them. Or should I say, "fashion" completely took over for "style". Every "season" something new and "indispensable" comes out that everyone HAS to have... then throw it out, wash, rinse, repeat...

And that is the other change from back in the day - everyone has to have it. There is no longer any sense of one upmanship as far as I can see. The old tribal attitude disappeared sometime towards the end of the last century along with 'style'...it is all inclusive now.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score

The amount of clothing which will be thrown away is shocking, bad for environment and bad for the working conditions of the people who have to produce them. You can get a wardrobe of decent clothes for very little money if you look in the right places, i rarely have cash but my clothes are still better quality then most in my family and friends who are better off because they buy fast fashion.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The amount of clothing which will be thrown away is shocking, bad for environment and bad for the working conditions of the people who have to produce them. You can get a wardrobe of decent clothes for very little money if you look in the right places, i rarely have cash but my clothes are still better quality then most in my family and friends who are better off because they buy fast fashion.
Yeah I mentioned yesterday on the LGO thread that part of the reason why I rededicated myself to the Mod look about ten years ago when I started a white collar job, was that I wanted to get gear that would have longevity - both in quality and style - so I wouldn’t be sinking a load of dough into clothes that I’d be throwing away in six months or a year. I’ve never understood the bandwagon jumpers who are content to do this.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
I think because most people give in to the societal pressure to fit in and be like everyone else, the high street stores provide a cheaper way to do this.

Yorky

Reaction score
IMG_7684.JPG
IMG_7685.JPG
IMG_7687.JPG
IMG_7688.JPG
IMG_7689.JPG

Never owned a pair of Doc Martens or Solovair before, but couldn't resist these when I saw them.
I bought them in Jigsaw at Cheshire Oaks outlet, on my way home from North Wales, reduced from £249 to £45.
As you can see they are a collaboration with Solovair, does anyone know which model they are? I will wear them as an alternative to my brown Grafters which are now 7 years old and still going strong.

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Posting lots of sta-prest on my eBay store. A few pairs up right now, posting more in the next couple days

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.