• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bela Kun

Reaction score
It’s the Sonics. They predated most of those Nuggets bands by a year or two. And to my ears at least, they were less British Invasion influenced than those - more of a ‘straight from the source' R&B/Little Richard influence.

So I’m curious if their fashions were ‘Anglophile’ or mod-derived at all.

Last edited:

andyf

Reaction score
It’s the Sonics. They predated most of those Nuggets bands by a year or two. And to my ears at least, they were less British Invasion influenced than those- more ‘straight from the source” R&B/Little Richard influence.

So I’m curious if their fashions were ‘Anglophile’ or mod-derived.
Ah thanks

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be placing shirt orders at the factory soon. I brought them a vintage 69 Ben Sherman. We'll be using that collar. What fabrics, colors, patterns would people like to see?
I can't promise to buy, but back in the day I had a very light blue BS Oxford with a pale yellow chalk stripe (and possible an even thinner line of pale brown by the side of the yellow. I think we tend to forget BS did striped shirts. You could get stripes not unlike the Beach Boys used to wear, and as I recall I had a shirt in pale green and pale brown/purple(?).

I also had an American shirt (short sleeved) in yellow with a blue windowpane pattern - see attached photo - from the Squire Shop; they also did the reverse (light blue with yellow windowpane). That might look good.

Paul 1970.png

Inkss

Reaction score
I'm going to be placing shirt orders at the factory soon. I brought them a vintage 69 Ben Sherman. We'll be using that collar. What fabrics, colors, patterns would people like to see?
Blue puppytooth
Mint green oxford
Dunne tartan

pressuredrop

Reaction score
It’s the Sonics. They predated most of those Nuggets bands by a year or two. And to my ears at least, they were less British Invasion influenced than those - more of a ‘straight from the source' R&B/Little Richard influence.

So I’m curious if their fashions were ‘Anglophile’ or mod-derived at all.

I think they look quite mod in the boots & trousers department.

From the same Jini Dellaccio photo shoot:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.05.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.06.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.07.27 PM.png

The zippered Burberry-ish duffle is interesting, pea coat, and car coat...

Mod longshoremen? Or a 60's equivalent of an Urban Woodsman?

lynx69

Reaction score
I would love to buy yellow oxford this year

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.