1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Bela Kun

Bela Kun Senior Member

Putin told us to. We don’t question his instructions.

2. Bela Kun

Bela Kun Senior Member

Yes, we know.

3. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Distinguished Member

I hope that wasn’t aimed at me.
    I don’t own a single Small Faces recording!
    I came to this thread cos it had ‘Mod’ in the title. It was some time before I learned the history of its nomenclature.
    Often the discussion bleeds over into themes discussed on TLGO and vice versa. These are the only two threads I look at on the SWAD side and most of the time I’m not even sure which of the two threads I’m on. They both seem to wax and wane (as many threads do) in popularity / contributions over time.

4. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Distinguished Member

I didn't! :(

5. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Distinguished Member

@cerneabbas good to see you are still around, sir.

I agree that both threads have probably outlived their usefulness and, although one cannot really shut them down, new thread(s) could be welcome. I know you have started a few over the last year or so and perhaps you have an idea for a new one?

@Bela Kun thank you for expanding on your point about TLGO. Just picking up a couple of issues - @cerneabbas is right about the 'emergency meetings'. There were none. Unless of course I was not invited to them:rolleyes2:

The other point is concerning the nature of TLGO. I don't think we ever saw it as a breeding ground for new or radical looks but rather the opposite. To explore the relevance of what we called The Look both today and looking into the future.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018

6. Bela Kun

Bela Kun Senior Member

Just a quick reply re ‘emergency meetings’ - that was just a figure of speech, it was not meant to be read literally. Meaning: how many times did it become painfully evident to everyone concerned that the look was not moving - just “going on and on and on”, as one TLGO poster put it.

Every now and again, the problem was openly addressed by some posters, including yourself.

7. Man-of-Mystery

I would like us all to keep our eyes on both of the forums. You never know who's going to say what, and eventually this will be the first place I will give news about 'the book'.

8. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Distinguished Member

Got you. Glad you've been paying attention. I had forgotten all that...

9. Bela Kun

Bela Kun Senior Member

As for my own brief stint in TLGO: from memory, it was Clouseau who invited or at least encouraged me to join, saying that's where some of the better MtS posters were now. I posted a few times, but it wasn't really for me: my interest lies in subculture rather than the well-dressed gent theme, and it showed in my going off topic.

But also, I felt that some posters were looking for scapegoats to blame for TLGO's failure to achieve its objectives. So when fingers were pointed at 'the skins' I decided to leave the gentlemen to their own devices and see how they'd get on.

Well, it must be almost a year now since this skin posted in TLGO, and I haven't seen much progress. Maybe it could be renamed 'The Look's Not Dead' in tribute to Clouseau's favourite band, The Exploited.

@cerneabbas If I had any ill intentions against TLGO I could get a whole troll farm to destroy it within days. But I don't - it's just not for me, and that's why I post in MtS.

10. Man-of-Mystery

A sad day when EU subsidies ended. I remember seeing whole herds of trolls, peacefully munching grass in English fields...

;)

11. vendetta69

vendetta69 Active Member

I reckon Clouseau's in the middle of a massive coke bender, he'll be gone for a coupla days and he'll wake up face down in his own puke in an amsterdam brothel. A fat hairy sugar daddy''ll have dressed him in frilly pants and gold nipple tassles and he'll have to work his ticket home...happened to a mate of mine...:paranoia:

12. Man-of-Mystery

We've all heard this "I have a friend who..." before!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Distinguished Member

Vendetta my friend, it would rather be Champagne, and i would wake up in the arms of one (or two) delicious young creature.
    Now i don't regret a single word of what i wrote, and my old mates, ex-or still skinheads understood me very well i think.
    i am still laughing at a certain post and at my reply that was 'Ippon' like we say in martial arts. For the rest i really don't give a shit and i certainly don't want to 'take control' of this thread that is like an old mistress you don't really like anymore, but that you appreciate to fuck from time to time.

14. vendetta69

vendetta69 Active Member

Did i ever tell you about the time i went to Brighton... well, i met these columbian fellas in a bar...

15. vendetta69

vendetta69 Active Member

Thread lacks tension, that kills discussion and people get bored/have a melt down/reach for the marching powder:)D)...Its all good solid human interaction, but if you're gonna question other peoples motivations/lifestyle choices, and lets face it we all can,then you're going to get snap back. If thats ok with you crack on mate, i think it's healthy.Personally i'm hoping this is an intricate long term trolling project, pointless yet fascinating, and you are actually jimmy pursey and i can claim me fiver.