• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank-you kindly, Mr. K. - a gentleman, as always. I think it's just a nice photograph, capturing a lost world of houses free from plastic windows, pretty wooden garage doors, painted in pretty colours, privet hedges and rose bushes - all sadly a rare sight in suburban England now.
That’s why I wondered where it was taken. Could have been one of many streets in Sunderland round ours.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, very similar to Humbledon and High Barnes: sadly they no longer look like that either!
When I was home in September I stayed at my mate’s house in Richard Avenue right off the Barnes. Very typical mid-large semi with the extension on the garage. It was a fantastic trip down memory lane as my family house was sold but this was like a carbon copy. His mam has died and his dad is in a home but loads of things like ornaments, tea sets, even the milk jug were exactly the same as our old house. I’d been going round there since we were little boys and it was a fantastic bonus for the trip home to experience that as it’s going on sale soon so that will close forever a chapter in our past.

“Mem’reeeeeeeees - like the corners of my miiiiiiiiiind!”

Little Queenie

Reaction score
When I was home in September I stayed at my mate’s house in Richard Avenue right off the Barnes. Very typical mid-large semi with the extension on the garage. It was a fantastic trip down memory lane as my family house was sold but this was like a carbon copy. His mam has died and his dad is in a home but loads of things like ornaments, tea sets, even the milk jug were exactly the same as our old house. I’d been going round there since we were little boys and it was a fantastic bonus for the trip home to experience that as it’s going on sale soon so that will close forever a chapter in our past.

“Mem’reeeeeeeees - like the corners of my miiiiiiiiiind!”

Yes, such repositories of history are sadly few and far between now. I know the area well, I'm an Ashbrooke girl.

user12345

Reaction score
Did you have your hair shorter at the back and sides when you had the college boy cut M-O-M? looking at the pic of you with the sideburns it kind of looks the same length all over that or my eyesight is gone, my hair is a similar length now but i don't want to have to go to the barbers to get it maintained constantly.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Me - I'm exhausted, studying, chilling out to radio drama and escapist TV when the evening comes. :)

How are things progressing with the book , MoM. .if you don't mind me asking. .

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are things progressing with the book , MoM. .if you don't mind me asking. .

I have a manuscript on my desktop. Mr. K has looked at it, been through it for errors, etc. The only thing we have to sort out is 'there/their' transpositions, plus a few other final tweaks. It shouldn't take to long to do. Unfortunately, however, uni work has ramped up and is getting in the way. But it won't be too long before I can give it some attention. I am hoping to have it on its way to publishers by late spring.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a manuscript on my desktop. Mr. K has looked at it, been through it for errors, etc. The only thing we have to sort out is 'there/their' transpositions, plus a few other final tweaks. It shouldn't take to long to do. Unfortunately, however, uni work has ramped up and is getting in the way. But it won't be too long before I can give it some attention. I am hoping to have it on its way to publishers by late spring.
Good stuff , looking forward to seeing the finished article. .

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you know, M-o-M I am happy to look through further drafts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads