Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Donkey Jacket

Donkey Jacket Senior member

You mean a skinhead/mod with a decent job and income. Which i have neither, and looking for second hand items isn't always a good option. considering the markup and rarity, ive never seen any box tops or anything similar on ebay or in the open.

There is things in the world much more worthy of being offended by, and there is clothing items which are considered ''skinhead'' clothing items which are far deserving of scorn today.

It would be best if we leave this, considering it is pointless. and everyone's circumstances are different. I try my best to get things right on limited budget, but its not always feasible to get second hand things for example, so you go for the next best thing. For example i dont wear crombies from the time, but rather crombies from jump the gun which are still very decent coats and vintage tonic trousers.

2. Donkey Jacket

Might need a translator for non Yorkshire people there lad.

3. covskin

covskin Senior member

Yorkshire: somewhere near Newcastle

4. Donkey Jacket

You should of said Newcastle is near Yorkshire because Yorkshire is of course at the centre of the universe.

Today's find was one from work, a black cashmere overcoat by greenwood's with ticket pocket and decent length but exposed buttons sadly, still better then the offerings by warrior or relco. I will not wear it with with my gear but it still will be good for walking the dog, and its better than it going in the recycling bin at work, not bad for the price of £0 pounds.

5. benj84

benj84 Senior member

I used to work at a recycling plant in Rotherham, best find was some pre 2003 mie, unused 1460 DMS, my size.

6. benj84

benj84 Senior member

Aye, will av none o that pal, from someone from a little village outside brum

7. Donkey Jacket

Yeah, its quite amazing what some people will throw out. Of course you are not meant to take stuff off of site (at least where i work) but what they don't know will not hurt them, and everyone does it.

I acquired two UK made st Micheal jackets from my work too, a mac(not the skinhead type) and a detective style raincoat, these will either go on ebay or to a vintage shop perhaps.