• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Scored this Brooks Brothers shirt for 11 quid in a charity shop in Hammersmith the other day.

brooks.jpg

Donkey Jacket

Reaction score
The boots worn in bronco bull frog are by a brand called 'Commando' there sometimes was another manufacturer stamp on the sole called 'Itshide.' 10 years ago we had boxes full of these boots that Bobby had picked up at rag yards in England.

Something i found while working on the tip today, old arco safety boots with commando sole not unlike the ones worn in bronco bullfrog, wish i could find a pair these in my size and in better condition. The soles look better in person, the quality of the leather and weight of the soles is excellent even in this condition.

IMG_20170902_172843.jpg

IMG_20170902_172923.jpg

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Something i found while working on the tip today, old arco safety boots with commando sole not unlike the ones worn in bronco bullfrog, wish i could find a pair these in my size and in better condition. The soles look better in person, the quality of the leather and weight of the soles is excellent even in this condition.

View attachment 836809
View attachment 836810
Those are the ones!

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to duplicate this on 'TLGO' in case there is someone lurking there who doesn't lurk here, or vice versa.

Surfer jackets:
My local branch of Matalan has a rack of plain navy blue surfer jackets - fly pockets (no flaps) and none of the MA-1 trimmings. That's closer than anything I have seen so far to the jackets we had in 1967. A nice minimal look for £22.

Harringtons:
I asked Mrs Mystery if I should get one of the surfer jackets and sacrifice my cheapo blue Harrington. "Why not get a proper Harrington?" she said. "A decent one costs a lot of money these days, some of them are three figures!" I answered. She shrugged and said "So what?" So my next question is what brand of Harrington do you think I should go for? Baracuta G9? John Simons own brand? Grenfell? Something else?

I'm open to suggestions.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to duplicate this on 'TLGO' in case there is someone lurking there who doesn't lurk here, or vice versa.

Surfer jackets:
My local branch of Matalan has a rack of plain navy blue surfer jackets - fly pockets (no flaps) and none of the MA-1 trimmings. That's closer than anything I have seen so far to the jackets we had in 1967. A nice minimal look for £22.

Harringtons:
I asked Mrs Mystery if I should get one of the surfer jackets and sacrifice my cheapo blue Harrington. "Why not get a proper Harrington?" she said. "A decent one costs a lot of money these days, some of them are three figures!" I answered. She shrugged and said "So what?" So my next question is what brand of Harrington do you think I should go for? Baracuta G9? John Simons own brand? Grenfell? Something else?

I'm open to suggestions.

My Grenfell in "grenfell cloth" is bomb-proof. Really nice-- neither billowy nor skinny, and without the gorilla arms of the Lavoro era G9's. A little more under-the-radar, too.

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
My Grenfell in "grenfell cloth" is bomb-proof. Really nice-- neither billowy nor skinny, and without the gorilla arms of the Lavoro era G9's. A little more under-the-radar, too.

Not that I could ever imagine wearing it with the reverse out but I really like their blazer stripe lined ones.

LeviStubbsTears

Reaction score
Been on a bit of a warpath over the last month. Added 5 OCBD's and 3 pairs of shoes to the wardrobe. A pair of non weejun Bass tassle loafers, some grayish taupe Bass bucks with an interesting almost airwair looking sole, and a pair a black Clarks bushacre boots.

Just found out that when I start doing clinical placements in the spring I won't be wearing scrubs, but business casual instead. Trying to increase my collection of passable rubber soled shoes by then.

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 2.13.53 PM.png

Ivyskin89

Reaction score
Been on a bit of a warpath over the last month. Added 5 OCBD's and 3 pairs of shoes to the wardrobe. A pair of non weejun Bass tassle loafers, some grayish taupe Bass bucks with an interesting almost airwair looking sole, and a pair a black Clarks bushacre boots.

Just found out that when I start doing clinical placements in the spring I won't be wearing scrubs, but business casual instead. Trying to increase my collection of passable rubber soled shoes by then.

View attachment 837389
Who's the pink shirt by?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads