Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

...and he of course got it right. He had the sort of acclaim and public expectations that gave him the gravitas to pull that off as effortless, not affected.

2. Inkss

Inkss Member

3. covskin

covskin Senior member

Took a look in a 'skinhead shop' recently. Overall there was a red/yellow colour palette I didn't recognise and the blues often seemed too primary. Some stuff overcomplicated with graphics and patterns. Just my observations

4. Donkey Jacket

Donkey Jacket Senior member

Was this a Mcdonalds sponsored skinhead shop?.

5. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Sinatra.Always surrounded by Goomba's of questionable employment status.Great Style,Mediocre singer.(Deano was DA MAN)

6. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

I hear ya. Modern "skinhead" gear, aside from a few exceptions, is painful on the eyes. Giant graphics, multiple colors, and a complete lack of subtlety.

7. Donkey Jacket

I think the main offenders are Brutus with there loud checks and dr martens seeing as they nearly always supply yellow laces with their cherry red boots, and the cheaper brands like warrior and relco. i wish more plains/ stripes were produced, tho ive prob said that before.

8. pressuredrop

pressuredrop Member

What little I have in solid colour shirts are by Arrow.

I like Brutus & Relco for resisting the "we want the wearer to find the pocket, so we must offset the pattern" style of shirts.

That drives me nuts.

But yeah, they really do need to tone down their colour palettes and stop pandering to the Villa & West Ham fans.

9. Donkey Jacket

Very impressed with brooks Clark chinos, proper waisted and nice sturdy material. also got some mystery brown made in Germany trousers from the local charity , high waisted with a nice crease and look quite old. old man trousers as me mam calls em, but they look alright really not that baggy, nice thick material.

10. maineroad96

maineroad96 Member

anyone have luck with Sebago penny loafers? what is the fit vis-à-vis Bass Weejuns? I bought a pair of weejuns in my normal size (16 D US/ 15 D UK, spare the jokes please :p) that I've never been able to fit in as they run way narrow. I've got my eye on these, good price and they're 16 W so hopefully that means more room: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Sebago-C...948914?hash=item4b08309572:g:Mj8AAOSw-kdX1yTC

as you can imagine with my shoe size, it is definitely not easy to find any footwear let alone quality stuff. let me know your thoughts!

11. Donkey Jacket

12. LeviStubbsTears

LeviStubbsTears Active Member

I've had fit issues with Weejuns even with my very average sized and shaped feet. I'd say at that price and the scarcity of options in your size you can't afford not to give them a try.

13. AngryYoungPoor

AngryYoungPoor Senior member

I agree. I've never had much luck with weejuns (god knows I tried). I've owned at least 4 different pairs in different leathers with different soles and even tried different sizes and I find that they are just uncomfortable. Sebago are better, of course if you can afford them Alden makes an incredible pair. I bought a pair of the AE patriots a few years ago and immediately sold them on.. I LOVE the look of pennies on others but I'm more of a brogue man when it comes to a dressier shoe.