1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Donkey Jacket

Donkey Jacket Senior member

Anyone know of any stores which sell candy stripe shirts with the correct details apart from mikkel rude? everyone just seems to sell loud checks these days.

2. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Pricey, but you might get something striped at Gant. Not candy-striped, though.

I believe Brutus do one, but in my opinion it looks like a deckchair.

3. benj84

benj84 Senior member

I would just type in google images, candy striped shirt and you will get loads of shop results. Maybe like this you mean http://well-spent.com/individualized-candy-stripe-oxford-shirts/

4. Donkey Jacket

Donkey Jacket Senior member

Apart from their plain shirts, most brutus stuff looks like something a clown would wear to me.

And i should of thought of that benj thanks, i might just buy one of these mikkel rudes even if there expensive sometime, they are the only ones who seem to make ones with stripes which are further apart etc, at least from what i have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AngryYoungPoor likes this.
  5. covskin

covskin Senior member

Deckchairs would be an improvement, Brutus are like tablecloths.

Thin (white and something else) multi-stripes spaced widely over say a yellow, purple or terracotta base like the first photo above do seem to be relatively forgotten.

White/orange multi-stripe on blue is another. Seemed to be a lot of primary/dusty colourways on this type of shirt, no reds though.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM
    Man-of-Mystery likes this.
  6. covskin

covskin Senior member

7. AngryYoungPoor

AngryYoungPoor Senior member

I've found a few vintage Brooks Brothers candy stripe shirts on the Bay for peanuts. If you can find a "Makers" version you will not be disappointed.

8. bottle green

bottle green New Member

There are a couple of candy stripe shirts here. Not cheap, but the items on Sale are decent value for American / European-made shirts.

https://www.harrystedman.com/collections/shirts