1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Donkey Jacket

Donkey Jacket Senior member

Yep, here it is.

[​IMG]

It shows its age in some places, but i will live with it.

As for the 1966 levis, they are alright, i wish i got them a size up now though. And i'm starting to prefer my 13mwz wranglers, higher waisted and more heavyweight denim.

2 people like this.
  2. Bela Kun

Bela Kun Senior member

Not a bad day for me either. Got a navy/white/red gingham Ben Sherman with three finger collar for 3.50 quid at the local charity shop. Plus a navy Baracuta G9 for 40 quid in a FB sell & swap forum...

DJ, take up some abdominal exercise. You're only young!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. Donkey Jacket

You cant deny those chip butty's mate haha.

nice finds too.

1 person likes this.
  4. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

Now i understand the purpose of buttoning only the top buttons !

2 people like this.
  5. Donkey Jacket

That gave me a laugh mate, thanks.

A northern fashion trend finally explained.

6. Bela Kun

Bela Kun Senior member

He told me how 'short' the jacket was - now you can see why it looks that way to him!

7. Donkey Jacket

Nothing can withstand the blubber mate, even those tight jungle greens ya sent me.

Took a lot of takeaways to get it that size.

8. LeviStubbsTears

LeviStubbsTears Active Member

I've got a beautiful pair of OG-107's that quickly let my fat ass know that the U.S. military did not mess around with vanity sizing.

9. Donkey Jacket

Yep, they are certainly made for people 50+ years ago, we don't have the same type of body's now.

They are quite baggy too, not that i mind. but if anyone wants slimmer fit ones you are better off going for the og 507's instead.

10. LeviStubbsTears

[​IMG]

Just saw an ad for Trainspotting 2 yesterday and noticed Robert Carlyle's outfit. Harrington, claret trousers, tassel loafers and contrasting socks.

[​IMG]

There was some discussion of the Dickies 873'a ways back. I bought a few pairs about 5 years ago since a friend managed a workwear shop and sold them to me on the cheap. Can't give my recommendation to them, because as said earlier the rise is very shallow. I felt like I had to put one bean to either side of the toast to get them anywhere near my waist.

3 people like this.
  11. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Ha!!![​IMG] You're tellin' me, bub?!!!

12. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Bumped into a bloke in Edinburgh Waverley station yesterday, about ten maybe fifteen years my junior. He had neatly turned-up jeans, dezzies, striped polo, a M51 fishtail parka, and a No.1 crop with sideburns. The latter was more probably due to hair loss - and I know all about that! He actually looked pretty good. I asked him where he got the M51 from and he said on line.

BTW I was in my Solovairs, Lees, and G9. A bit of a brutal look for me, but it's what I grabbed out of my wardrobe.

13. Inks

Inks Senior member

Don't Dickies 874 have a higher rise than the 873s ? They look more baggy in the legs, but I'm sure they can be taken in quite easilly.
    Probably wouldn't be a problem for my footballer legs though.

14. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

the 873 has much wider straight legs and a marginally higher rise, whereas the 872 is narrower in the thigh and then tapers significantly from the knee down. i wouldn't say the 872 is low rise, but it's definitely shallow. interestingly my 872s have pilled slightly whereas the 873s have not at all.

edit: it's crazy to see how the 873 has exploded in popularity over the last 1-2 years in skating/streetwear circles.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  15. Inks

Inks Senior member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Sorry this response is a little late.Just saw the New Don Letts doc.Paul Thompson did a great job ( I vote for Re-Claiming the name"Skinhead") and I thought Don did well overall.Sadly this needed to be made.

1 person likes this.
  17. AngryYoungPoor

AngryYoungPoor Senior member

I noticed this myself. I'm a big Irvine Welsh fan, read everything he's published. There are a few stories where Begbie is a featured character and a few of them describe his skinhead roots that led to him being a Casual. One short story about is about the Begbie clan at xmas and it's a running joke that everyone in his family buys him a Ben Sherman shirt as a gift [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. LeviStubbsTears

874's do have a traditional rise, but they are unmistakably work pants. They are ubiquitous here as a staple of work uniforms and I wouldn't think them worth the effort of trying to church up. Also, they have a permanently set crease that would make taking the legs in complicated. I may just be biased as I have a hard time imagining what I wore to work for the last decade to dump used motor oil and mop up in being being used to try and look smart.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ivyskin89

Ivyskin89 Senior member

What does everyone think about the rise of contemporary trousers vs the ones in the 60's? Do you like the short J stitch or do you prefer the high rise trousers from the 60's?

I also believe the vintage sta prest are not as slim as contemporary versions.

20. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Judge for yourself from this picture (which does seem to get about!), but I get the same impression - I own a pair of modern ones as well.

2 people like this.