1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Stan Ray fatigues regularly retail for £65 in the UK.

2. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

What an exorbitant markup. They're $20-$40 here usually. They're essentially just cheap work pants like Dickies-- though I know how expensive those used to be in the UK and Europe-- a buddy from Italy said in the '90s a pair of new Dickies would fetch $200 US-- for work clothes that cost about $15 brand new in shops here at the time!!

3. roytonboy

roytonboy Senior member

Yes, I had one exactly like this, same colour. (Though back in 1969 I was probably wearing size 14 and a half!) I also had one in pale green.

1 person likes this.
  4. benj84

benj84 Senior member

alright, do you ever get down to Sheffield. The riverside has good ska nights sometimes. And Washington boozer.

5. Donkey Jacket

Donkey Jacket Senior member

Its a bit tight on me to be honest, though it still fits. brutus have always been slim fitting

To benji, i don't really really got out much anymore due to not being allowed to drink alcohol(its a long story lol) ive wanted to go to the riverside but its a bit out of the way.

6. Inks

Inks Senior member

2 people like this.
  7. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Meanwhile, there is evidence from Saalburg that the Romans invented the long wing brogue 2000 years ago.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. benj84

benj84 Senior member

ok mate, that's fair enough

9. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Senior member

That's good mate. That round is going to be expensive! At least ten people coming[​IMG]

10. Donkey Jacket

Managed to get this leather trucker off ebay for a decent price, stud fasteners, nice dark brown colour, not a levis or anything but i like it more to be honest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. benj84

benj84 Senior member

it looks good man,

1 person likes this.
  12. Donkey Jacket

Cheers, its from tllc menswear and was made in spain, cant find anything about them online.

13. benj84

benj84 Senior member

did you get them Lee 101z. Am getting a pair of wrangler from same eBay shop. Just wondered if they arrived quick?

14. Donkey Jacket

15. benj84

benj84 Senior member

they look good, i didnt know levis did the lvc range on there site. Btw, i picked up a couple o pair of 1955 lvc 501s £29.99 down at TJ Hughes on the moor in sheffs. Just saying IF you ever Pop down sheff way, have a check in there.

16. Donkey Jacket

That is the shop i always seem to forget to look in when im in sheffield, that is a pretty good deal tho. the vintage shops have decent stuff sometimes too.

17. benj84

benj84 Senior member

yeah, they were the rough rinse which i think lvc discontinued so they probably wanted to get rid of stock.iy was a few months ago so may not have em anymore. Division St and West St have a couple of good vintage shops. Quite a few b/d ben shermans 15quid. And cow on West St i got some made in England dm oxblood shoes 25quid in very qood Nick.

18. Donkey Jacket

Gotta usually go through alot of shirts with tiny collars but you can get some decent ones sometimes, i had a laugh when ''a new shop'' shop in sheffield was charging 90 quid for an old donkey jacket, just a tad overpriced lol.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  19. benj84

benj84 Senior member

yeah its pretty rewarding finding that one gem of a shirt or cardy.charity shops are best bet.plus your cash goes to a worthwhile cause

20. Donkey Jacket

i never find much in charity shops apart from finding a 3 button italian/mod style jacket once.