• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The paisley scarf worn by the bloke on the right is exactly like the one I nicked from my dad in late 1967

I thought I saw elsewhere (maybe on Gabriela's blog) that this was taken at Kettering.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse me just bunging these in, but they are very good.

Seen these before?

Good to see the ordinary white shirt and tie - I would have put this earlier than 70/71

Nice to Girls,as they were really like.

I had a pair of Petrol Blue Mohair Trousers(similar) to the one on the right.Looking at the shape of his Shoes-they are Solatios.

1970/71 No other info.

You can keep bunging these type of photos-as much as you like Bunty. :)

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome Cleav.

Went to the Baseball Ground(before they pulled it down).Liked the atmosphere-even though it was closed.It reminded me of the old Boleyn Ground.

Liked the Strides you were wearing with the Brogues.A sort of "Country Gent" Style.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liked the Stocking hanging from the Car Aerial-in the first picture. :)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Welcome Cleav.

Went to the Baseball Ground(before they pulled it down).Liked the atmosphere-even though it was closed.It reminded me of the old Boleyn Ground.

Liked the Strides you were wearing with the Brogues.A sort of "Country Gent" Style.

Thanks. Yeah was a great atmosphere and certainly very like the Boleyn. Best night there for me was Derby v Real Madrid European cup win, my hero Charlie George was on fire.

Lots of these new grounds lack soul, no passion in concrete for me!

Strides were from next, starting to get a little warm for em!

Nice to be here, thanks again.

bunty

Reaction score

Agree about the date on that one Brownie, I thought that when I first saw it - V neck, 'any white shirt' , tie and

jeans, it's got to be '68 hasn't it? Bob or Buttons will tell us the month too. :D

There's a picture of M-o-M wearing similar gear, he's at a demo. carrying a placard I think.

Hello Cleav, welcome mate.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I do. Got a nice red one with paisley pattern. But i am not Brit...

Last edited:

Inks

Reaction score
Thanks Bunty, nice to be on a Brit thread.

You guys stills sporting Tootal scarves? I got quite a few and wear regularly, particular red pin dot and blue pin dot.

Yellow Tootal scarf. Red Tootal cravat and a god-awful Sammy in paisley.

Gsvs5

Reaction score

Seen these before

1970/71 No other info.

Some great posts lately, just catching up.

Great Photos.Perfectly capturing the essence of the era,as I recall it.The fella in the Jacket and the Girl in the Fair Isle could easily be me and my first girlfriend !

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep,still wear Tootal Cravats and Scarves.Would be undressed without them....:)

roytonboy

Reaction score

Seen these before?

1970/71 No other info.

Some great posts lately, just catching up.

browniecj - there's your individual in a two-tone suit (second photo) but also a few examples of the suit jacket/different trousers combo I was talking about. A nice spread of covering about 4 years , I would say. (perhaps none from '69?) Where do you find all this stuff Bunty? (and where ever it is, keep 'em coming!)

Last edited:

gabriela

Reaction score
The paisley scarf worn by the bloke on the right is exactly like the one I nicked from my dad in late 1967
I thought I saw elsewhere (maybe on Gabriela's blog) that this was taken at Kettering.

Yes, it was shared on The Ballroom Bltz with the other pictures Bunty posted. It was taken at the Tin Hat (Kettering, 1971). The rest are also from 1970-1971, I put up some info

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads