• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with you, of course. Most of the recent years FP collections are rather ugly. They better keep on their classics. After the "graphic suedehead", they will try the "pop-art skinhead" maybe?
Yes, I'm sure they will. I think FP went for some time ignoring the skinhead connection completely but now there is more interest in the movement they will no doubt do a U-turn!

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

Is that for internal or external use?

Whatever next: milk with gas passed through it? :stirpot:

Inks

Reaction score
Nice one, Inks.

For 2014, FP launches a new sub-collection : trying to cash in on name recognition perhaps ?

You'd think FP would know enough not to misappropriate the name Suedehead to something they're hawking. Then again, they've probably wrung every penny out of their historical link to Mods and Skinheads by now. Suedehead has been pretty much left alone by subsequent generations. Now it seems like we're probably going to have a bunch of wrongly-attired, Hipster berks calling themselves Seudeheads in the near future. Gawd 'elp us.

Inks

Reaction score

The deadstock BD I ordered from the US arrived today. I've been after a BD with a decent mid-late 60s length collar for ages. It's a polyester knit, but at under £20 delivered, I'm not complaining.

Inks

Reaction score
One of the contestants on tonight's Mastermind is a tasty looking Mod bird.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You'd think FP would know enough not to misappropriate the name Suedehead to something they're hawking. Then again, they've probably wrung every penny out of their historical link to Mods and Skinheads by now. Suedehead has been pretty much left alone by subsequent generations. Now it seems like we're probably going to have a bunch of wrongly-attired, Hipster berks calling themselves Seudeheads in the near future. Gawd 'elp us.

We'll just refer to them as 'Pseudheads'.

Bob the Badger

Reaction score

elwood

Reaction score
As it's a "quiet news" sort of day, thought I'd post this ad from the Manchester Evening News 9th October 1968. (Centenary edition, which is why it had been kept for 45 years in the loft I'd been clearing recently - and not mine.)

Shows Crombie coats known as such by reference to cloth they were made from, rather than manufacturer. Nothing new to us in that of course and the style shown obviously not what became ours. Still, as I said, it's a quiet day. The prices (per-decimal) might raise a smile ... and I left in the rest of the ad for female knitwear as a minor bonus.

Inks

Reaction score
You'll be referring to Katie Johnston. Yes, very 'Mary Quant'.

That's the lady. The newsreader Naga Munchetty sometimes looks very Modette (not always though). Ms Munchetty reminds me a bit of the beautiful late French actress Cathy Rosier.

yankmod

Reaction score
That was a good find Clouseau. I shopped at the Bronx shop in 1969/70. It was a great shop for Ivy style clothes. Nearly all American imports. Mr Knightley also shopped there I seem to recall.
Geoff Deane gives a good account of life of a young East London teenager from those days.

Yea.That was Great.Thanks for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads