1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Ivyskin89

Ivyskin89 Senior member

2. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Fred Perry CEO Jon Flynn talks brands. Emphasis on "Made in England" and " Collaborations " including travel Bags.

3. Soul Vision

Soul Vision Senior member

OMG...A touch biased this tome might be...those boots are shockers - look like biker boots!

[​IMG]

4. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Fear of being called a Dirty Old Man(which I am),they were the Highlights....

Stirring the Pot,M-o-M.....:D

5. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

What I meant was,it was written by an ex uni graduate from the 80s -Oppression and Unemployment etc.

I never felt oppressed nor did any of my Jamaican Mates.Just out to have a good time.I went to Jamaican Clubs etc.,but never got that feeling anywhere.Later(in the 70s) yes there was but I was not into "Roots".

I cannot speak for the North but Employment was plentiful where I was - I thought the Ship Builders were still there, on Tyneside etc.in the 60s.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  6. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Senior member

Who me? How could you think such a thing! :D

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

Definitely the only extract i want to see. Just to judge of the historical accuracy of course (i've got to inspect that Fred Perry).

8. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Saw The Small Faces a few times "Live",but it became impossible to hear them so I stopped going.....

1 person likes this.
  9. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

It was a Navy Blue Bomber Jacket not a Flight Jacket.

10. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Spoken like a true Frenchman........:D

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Senior member

Yes i am, Monsieur !

[​IMG]
    BTW if someone could provide a link (that works) to see this episode in streaming...
    The BBC player doesn't work outside UK.

12. covskin

covskin Senior member

See what you mean about the context, completely wrong for '69 (and nowhere near right for '81). Absolutely clear that no ex-skinheads were involved in this production. The foot stamping and shouting though...I cringed and wanted the earth to open. Still, with few exceptions, that is what those middle class media tossers always do to us. It is as if they imagined themselves as skinheads, their stereotype externally and their worldview internally. Wankers.

13. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Exactly right Mate. :)

14. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

I`ve spoken to two ex 60sSkinheads this morning,and the reaction was the same.They either walked out the Room or turned it off.I went on the Computer.I am thinking of suing B.B.C for "Misrepresentation etc." :D

We did not have Sten Guns,maybe a few Sawn-offs.Fck me,if we had the Sten Guns - Greasers and Hippies would have come extinct overnight.......:D

15. Soul Vision

Soul Vision Senior member

He talks about Jamie Reid doing work with Sex Pistols' album covers in "the late sixties"!?! Those Reid shirts btw I think are hideous...like a lot of 'heritage' brands I think they have lost their way a bit, although Flynn himself looks pretty well turned out.

1 person likes this.
  16. Natty Pinstripe

Natty Pinstripe Senior member

Back in the earlyish 70's, perhaps 73 I had a great live pre Tommy Who bootleg LP from the The Fillmore. I can't remember exactly what was on it but I do recall "Little Billy" and "Fortune Teller" (Guy Stevens again) were on it, I also remember liking it better than much of "Live At Leeds". PS Mystery was that gig The Oval ? - Rod in leopard skin suit if I remember correctly, no ?

1 person likes this.
  17. skinny legs

skinny legs Senior member

I saw Roger Daltrey and Wilco Johnson last year at the Barbican. They were doing a talk for some cancer foundation. He's a tiny little fella. Bet he loved every minute of being in Tommy. For the first time in his life he was the same height as everyone else!

18. skinny legs

skinny legs Senior member

Could do with some of those Tommyesque stack heels meself so I can get that dust off the top of the wardrobe

19. Bob the Badger

Bob the Badger Senior member

I was at the Rock at the Oval 1971. I remember the sound system was terrible for most of the acts. Particularly the Faces..I was way past skinhead then with long hair and flares.

20. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights Senior member

Sorry M-O-M but as it wasmeI that raised the point I need to make just one comment ;-

We never drank out of beer bottles !!

We used to have light and bitters etc. I remember my old Dad saying never put your lips to a beer bottle because they would used to be stacked in the pubs back yard and rats, dogs etc would piss over them. Drinking out of beer bottles was a much much later habit

As for the rest of the wrong points in that program the list could go on and on

As I said before any youngster watching that episode would have the completely wrong conception of what we were all about

Shame