• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moccasin shootout

esswhykay

Reaction score
2-hole: Arrow 3-hole: Quoddy 4-hole: L.L. Bean Are there any others I should be looking at? Right now, I'm leaning towards the Arrows for the contrast stitching. But I came across this, and now I'm not so sure - I'm not a fan of crepe soles. Does anybody know if they're standard on the Arrows? It's hard to tell in the company's product shot.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quoddy's are the best I have personally handled, and I'll recommend them out of these three. I have the LL Beans and they don't really look any better with age, unfortunately.

Curious_George

Reaction score
I like those Arrows best, but I also like crepe soles. I guess I'd go with the Quoddys if you're adverse to having a crepe sole.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Agree with Xchen on the Beans.

Quoddy's are rad but if you order from them you will wait a long time.

Arrows do not come standard with the crepe sole. He told me he could do them
but then the moc would not be re-sole-able. Nice guy there, I look forward to getting my
boots from him. I went for double leather sole. Quality looks amazing!

You may want to check out Russell too. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

Hope this helps....

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have the quoddy bluchers and will probably by the boat shoes in a couple of months

JOA

Reaction score
I also have the Quoddy Bluchers and they're pretty great. Worth the wait.

Marmot

Reaction score
Do Sperry Topsiders count in this? I know they are boat shoes, but they have a pseudo moc feel, and i would argue that they are a more modern type of moc... just a thought.

today.jpg

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
No they have a boat shoe sole

coopster

Reaction score
I know these are rather homely, but they have a very durable rubber sole that let them function quite well outside. Just got a fresh pair yesterday too!
7769-287570-p.jpg

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
those are drivers, not moccasins, and aren't really suitable for walking around in

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, no I'm pretty sure those are house shoes. Do not wear outside.

coopster

Reaction score
Ok... but I thought this was going to be a "moccasin shootout" where we could show our different types of moccasins. I knew they were house shoes but moccasins none-the-less.

Even though mine are slippers dont they look more like a traditional moccasin then the quoddy and LL beans shoes which look pretty identical to boat shoes IMO.

batorizer

Reaction score
i must say that i was highly impressed with arrow's customer service and quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads