• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moc toe loafers for ~$150 or less?

paperchasing

Reaction score
Yes, yes, I know, I need to spend more than that if I want good quality loafers, but I want to buy a cheaper pair first to make sure they're something I'd actually wear regularly before investing in something more expensive and longer lasting. I have a bad habit of buying shoes that I think I want and then NEVER wearing them.

I see the Bass Weejuns, for instance, recommended as decent cheap loafers but I want something with a more pointed toe. Not super pointed and formal, just something a little younger and more stylish.

I've found a handful of brands in my price range but I'm not sure which is the best pick. There's Massimo Matteo (below), Banana Republic (second below), Aldo, Florsheim, etc.

Any recommendations?

715o8rW4UBL._SX695_.jpg

cn14526034.jpg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weejuns are the classic loafer. Give them another look.

txm22

Reaction score
I would look at Meermin or Jack Erwin. Both are just a bit above $150, but may have what you're looking for. They're also both better constructed than the images you posted.

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
I would look at Meermin or Jack Erwin. Both are just a bit above $150, but may have what you're looking for. They're also both better constructed than the images you posted.
Agreed Meermin is not too bad for its price I have a pair of loafers of them. I did not know about Jack Erwin thought, they also produce goodyear welt and aparentely they do have nice models on the website, however they not specify the leather provider, I am not sure about what would be the leather results on the archies loafer... Anyone has it?

paperchasing

Reaction score

Thanks for the recommendations.

I was actually looking at Jack Erwin previously but didn't know much about them.

Alpha11

Reaction score
I would advise you take more time into developing an understanding what it is that you actually want out of a shoe. Then save your money and buy and brand that is made better and will last you much longer.

If you are price fixated then you are to cheap to buy cheap shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads