• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Moc toe loafers for ~$150 or less?

paperchasing

Reaction score
Yes, yes, I know, I need to spend more than that if I want good quality loafers, but I want to buy a cheaper pair first to make sure they're something I'd actually wear regularly before investing in something more expensive and longer lasting. I have a bad habit of buying shoes that I think I want and then NEVER wearing them.

I see the Bass Weejuns, for instance, recommended as decent cheap loafers but I want something with a more pointed toe. Not super pointed and formal, just something a little younger and more stylish.

I've found a handful of brands in my price range but I'm not sure which is the best pick. There's Massimo Matteo (below), Banana Republic (second below), Aldo, Florsheim, etc.

Any recommendations?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weejuns are the classic loafer. Give them another look.

txm22

Reaction score
I would look at Meermin or Jack Erwin. Both are just a bit above $150, but may have what you're looking for. They're also both better constructed than the images you posted.

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
I would look at Meermin or Jack Erwin. Both are just a bit above $150, but may have what you're looking for. They're also both better constructed than the images you posted.
Agreed Meermin is not too bad for its price I have a pair of loafers of them. I did not know about Jack Erwin thought, they also produce goodyear welt and aparentely they do have nice models on the website, however they not specify the leather provider, I am not sure about what would be the leather results on the archies loafer... Anyone has it?

paperchasing

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations.

I was actually looking at Jack Erwin previously but didn't know much about them.

Alpha11

Reaction score
I would advise you take more time into developing an understanding what it is that you actually want out of a shoe. Then save your money and buy and brand that is made better and will last you much longer.

If you are price fixated then you are to cheap to buy cheap shoes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.