• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mobile Phone services, which companies do use?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-Mobile. No complaints here; have been pretty good to me so far (been I think 3 years now).

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Cingular is good. I get reception mostly everywhere, and have never had a dropped call. avoid any of the motorola world phones though, unless you can get your hands on a V400. Damn good phone.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
T-mobile/Cingular

They aren't great in buildings here in SoCal, and not wonderful in areas with elevation changes (mountains), but not bad on freeways and the like.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
i have t-mobile. i used to have cingular. no problems with either except cingular got (generally) better reception in my area cause they have a lot more towers and t-mobile has like none. their reception is decent it just drops out sometimes. t-mobile's customer service people are usually pretty nice about issues.

i had verizon a couple years back and i got charged for all these calls i never made and it was a nightmare trying to straighten out and the customer service people yelled at ME and refused to put me on the phone to anyone higher up in management. evil. i terminated my contract with them.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a loyal customer of Verizon for about 4 or 5 years now. Before that I had Sprint for a year, WorldCom for a year (not sure that they're even still around) and AT&T for a year and all three sucked.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
T&T which switched to being Cingular. Never had a complaint. Cingular has superior reception to pretty much every other network in the Seattle area. Their phones are decent, and they have stores everywhere.

And on that note:
Does anyone remember when Motorola used to make good phones? Man what happened?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
AT&T which switched to being Cingular. Never had a complaint. Cingular has superior reception to pretty much every other network in the Seattle area. Their phones are decent, and they have stores everywhere.

And on that note:
Does anyone remember when Motorola used to make good phones? Man what happened?

They went iPoo on us, frankly. The thin razr took over their whole product line.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Verizon. I got it initially because they were the only reliable service where my job is located. Plus we get a discount through work. But I have no complaints at all and will stick with them even after I change jobs.

b

Aristocrat

Reaction score
LG, no complains, nice design and good internet services!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Verizon because I was on a family plan I didnt pay for. But now that I have my own job My mother handed me the bill : $189 for 400 minute plan!!! Of course $130 of it is random charges. So after I take care of the bill I'm switching to T-mobile and unlocked GSM phones

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Verizon has good reception, but lousy customer service. Most companies have lousy company service these days.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Most companies have lousy company service these days.

I'm beginning to see that
confused.gif

Jon.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I'm beginning to see that
confused.gif

Jon.

I have had good luck with T-Mo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads