1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

MMM made in Italy vs. Romania

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RegisDB9, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

raf simons shirts from the current collection are made in romania too, quality is on par with the made in italy shirts though
    and i got a dries shirt from this season which is made in hungary

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Stuff is made by immigrants working in a factory either way, does it even matter?

exactly this. of course the tag doesn't read "made in Italy by barely-skilled Chinese immigrants"

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

exactly this. of course the tag doesn't read "made in Italy by barely-skilled Chinese immigrants"

theyre mostly Nigerian immigrants i believe, also other parts of africa.[​IMG]

4. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

5. Gatsbee

Gatsbee Senior member

There's a lot of chinese

ftfy

6. entrero

entrero Senior member

theyre mostly Nigerian immigrants i believe, also other parts of africa.[​IMG]

Nopes. Immigrants work for cheap but basic skillz are still a requirement.

7. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

staff international's quality has been on point for the MII products. haven't any experience with MIR ones yet, anyone wants to try...lol?

in all seriousness though, it's probably okay...if made by Staff.

8. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

I'm sorry but MII > MIR

Its kind of a tragedy that so many luxe labels are now doing MIR stuff... even Balenciaga..

Call me a snob, but i simply refuse to pay top bill for made in romania, hungary, bulgaria, ukraine etc..

..even portugal and turkey rarely cut it

my motto is always always always check the tags for fabric and country of origin

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'm sorry but MII > MIR

Its kind of a tragedy that so many luxe labels are now doing MIR stuff... even Balenciaga..

Call me a snob, but i simply refuse to pay top bill for made in romania, hungary, bulgaria, ukraine etc..

..even portugal and turkey rarely cut it

my motto is always always always check the tags for fabric and country of origin

you should probably read the article just linked in this topic

you're not a snob, just ignorant

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

Silent stuff is made in Portugal and I have no complaints with the price it's at......

11. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

you should probably read the article just linked in this topic

you're not a snob, just ignorant

[​IMG]
    actually you are the ignorant one buddy, i'm perfectly familiar with the chinese labor situation in prato, but that has nothing to do with high-end retail such as we've been discussing here... believe me high-end made in italy definitely still means high craftsmanship, just like high-end made in france, england, japan and even usa...

12. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

[​IMG] actually you are the ignorant one buddy, i'm perfectly familiar with the chinese labor situation in prato, but that has nothing to do with high-end retail such as we've been discussing here… believe me high-end made in italy definitely still means high craftsmanship, just like high-end made in france, england, japan and even usa…
    i've had good experience with bulgaria and spain as well

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

and you think MMM is using "high-end" manufacturing? do you have a source on that?

14. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

most definitely... although i agree mmm is not what it used to be, and i wouldn't touch their mir stuff with a 6-ft pole, you are still a fool if you are under the assumption that their mii clothing is made in an illegal prato sweatshop [​IMG]

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

actually you are the ignorant one buddy, i'm perfectly familiar with the chinese labor situation in prato, but that has nothing to do with high-end retail such as we've been discussing here... believe me high-end made in italy definitely still means high craftsmanship, just like high-end made in france, england, japan and even usa...
    You go into any of these workshops and I guarantee you that you won't find a bunch of white collar Caucasians. No one's saying immigrant workers can't be skilled laborers, but thinking these are artisan tailors of olde is foolish

16. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

who said anything about "white collar caucasians" ?! now you're bringing race into this... [​IMG] i give up

17. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

most definitely... although i agree mmm is not what it used to be, and i wouldn't touch their mir stuff with a 6-ft pole, you are still a fool if you are under the assumption that their mii clothing is made in an illegal prato sweatshop [​IMG]
    Ha, calm down man. The MiR stuff looks just as good as MiI. It's not like it's MM6 or some shit. Funny thing was my MiR cost more than my MiI...but the end of the day what's important to me is how the clothes fit The article was a good read, sheds some light on events I had no idea where going on

18. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

19. rat2rat

rat2rat Member

and you think MMM is using "high-end" manufacturing? do you have a source on that?
    STAFF INTERNATIONAL S.p.A http://www.staffinternational.com/

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

All the tags say Staff International on it.

What I really want to know is what makes Margiela clothing smell the way it does.