1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MMM made in Italy vs. Romania

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RegisDB9, Jul 2, 2011.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

Today I had some time on my hands, been sick. My medicine is to buy stuff to make me feel better

Some of you out there know more about these kinds of things than I do...when did MMM start making shit in Romania? Or have I been lucky and been getting the stuff made in Italy. Price point is the same, I am just curious.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Yo shit fake homie

3. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

Yo shit fake homie

I'm getting a headache looking at my screen, give me a serious answer fuckers [​IMG]

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

This is news to me, but not really surprising. Givenchy, Veronique (RIP), Ann D and a few others do the Romania thing here and there now.

5. Gatsbee

Gatsbee Senior member

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

This is news to me, but not really surprising. Givenchy, Veronique (RIP), Ann D and a few others do the Romania thing here and there now.
    Yeah..I was a bit perplexed, checked my collection and I have 2 pieces made in Romania including a pair of 10 dress pants [​IMG]

7. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

baller kops doesnt give you the license to start a new thread for a dumb question.

8. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

baller kops doesnt give you the license to start a new thread for a dumb question.

How is this a dumb question?

I'm asking a legit question I don't know the answer to

9. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

10. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

sorry but what's the difference if it's made in italy or romania? Both are european countries, the prestige still exists.

11. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

sorry but what's the difference if it's made in italy or romania? Both are european countries, the prestige still exists.

I am used to seeing made in Italy with regards to MMM (been buying it for a while). Frankly it feels the same, seems like the same quality, but I am just curious. Wanted to learn about why that is though, but as usual you have to sort through the shit to find an answer around here

12. macuser3of5

I guess Staff has expanded, or already did. I wonder if the shoes are moving to Croatia like a lot of the other aforementioned designers. I've heard that Italy is kind of a bitch with import/export so that might explain some of it (along with standard cost cuttings etc).

13. rat2rat

rat2rat Member

Many things such as the price and it's a psychological thing. Although just because it's made in Romania, doesn't mean it's not good.

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I am used to seeing made in Italy with regards to MMM (been buying it for a while). Frankly it feels the same, seems like the same quality, but I am just curious. Wanted to learn about why that is though, but as usual you have to sort through the shit to find an answer around here

why don't you do a comparison between the two yourself and let us know if there's a difference?

Honestly the quality of MMM is not really that high to begin with in my experience (all though i've heard there's a wide range).

15. macuser3of5

i think he is inquiring about the industry/company aspect of it, not the quality.

16. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

MMM is dead anyway, mourn and move on.

17. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Ones a shithole that's hesitantly considered European

18. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Lots of luxury brands have moved some of their shirt manufacturing to Romania. I've got some Raf, MMM, and Lanvin stuff that is made in Romania. I'm guessing that they're all manufactured by the same factory or company but the quality has been at least equal to any of my MiF/MiI stuff so I don't really care.

19. jet

jet Senior member

MMM is dead anyway, mourn and move on.

[​IMG]

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Stuff is made by immigrants working in a factory either way, does it even matter?