• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MLB 2009 - 2010 Season Thread

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 games in and the O's need a new closer. Where is Randy Myers?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
5 games in and the O's need a new closer. Where is Randy Myers?

How about Texas???

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, the M's clean up hitter is batting .048 but he has a homer and 2 RBI at least. I guess if you complain about it he's got two words for you:
it's pretty obvious that you aren't exactly watching the games. I told you our lineup isn't set in stone. Lopez was cleanup yesterday.
smile.gif
Are you about to start panicking because Ichiro is only hitting .290? Holy **** his season is OVER!!!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
it's pretty obvious that you aren't exactly watching the games.
I told you our lineup isn't set in stone. Lopez was cleanup yesterday.
smile.gif

Are you about to start panicking because Ichiro is only hitting .290? Holy **** his season is OVER!!!

These games come on too late for me, I'm usually asleep. I do think the season is over though.
devil.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
These games come on too late for me, I'm usually asleep. I do think the season is over though.
devil.gif

Alright, well I'll take your opinion as that of an "expert baseball analyst" then. Obviously the fact that Milton Bradley is wearing out pitchers, getting robbed of hits by spectacular plays, and is generally just going through an unlucky rough patch isn't being taken into account. It's not as if he's totally failing at the plate. Out of his nine strikeouts, he should have gotten a walk on at least 4 and probably five of them. Getting called strike three six inches off the plate and low seemed to be par for the course in Oakland.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, well I'll take your opinion as that of an "expert baseball analyst" then. Obviously the fact that Milton Bradley is wearing out pitchers, getting robbed of hits by spectacular plays, and is generally just going through an unlucky rough patch
sounds like the perfect recipe for milton to start blaming the racist people of seattle for his problems soon... LOL just kidding. i was watching the san fran braves game on mlb.tv and damn it was nice to see lincecum pitch well but also heyward hit a HR opposite field... i think he hit the same one yesterday.... he's a beast. it was my first time to actually see the kung fu panda play too. wow he's the real deal. there are some super catchers (when he does catch) out there now. its funny to see a 250lbs (at least) 3rd baseman too, but he's super athletic (hence the nickname) so it works out.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Note that there has been little to no harassment of Milton Bradley by the Seattle media. (That I've seen).

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note that there has been little to no harassment of Milton Bradley by the Seattle media. (That I've seen).

It's kind of like... 6 games into the season. Although it is different here for Angel fans, people already screaming that Brandon Wood is a bust...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is good, cause once it starts he'll shut it down for the season.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
We aren't Chicago, NYC, or LA. We generally tend to be nicer to our sports people.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* mets. ****.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We aren't Chicago, NYC, or LA. We generally tend to be nicer to our sports people.

Just a matter of time...

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
******* mets. ****.

Johan
frown.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought it was nuts that after Sunday's win, Roy Halladay has 150 wins and 50 complete games. In this era it seems ridiculous to have that large a proportion of wins be CGs. But it turns out that Randy Johnson has 303 wins and 100 CGs, and Livan Hernandez has 154 wins and 54 CGs.

Of course, wins are a worthless stat. billjames'd

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A symbol of how nice you guys are is that your opening day concert is Death Cab for Cutie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads