• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MLB 2008 Season Starts

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's going to be an interesting season for the Yankees. I got home late enough to think Kennedy was pitching deep into the game, not knowing that the bullpen started. I know Girardi had that incident with an injured pitcher in the rain back with the marlins but still...If he keeps doing that stuff the NY Sports media will have his head.

I have friends going to the mets game tonight vs. the Phillies. i told them to get their food in one go bc it takes forever to get served at Shea.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Phillies will be NL east champions again. We own the Mets right now it doesn't matter who they pitch against us. Something always goes wrong for them, we have their number right now and I absolutely love it because I remember when it was opposite and the Phillies couldn't beat them.

You gotta win more than 1 out of 3 before you can say that you own us right now.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
D-Backs sweep the Dodgers, take an early 2 1/2 game lead in the NL West!

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Yeah, beat the Mets already!

At least the Yankees beat Boston! Funny how that never gets old.

Neither does taking the series... I guess Girrardi has a few things to learn.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Neither does taking the series... I guess Girrardi has a few things to learn.

No kidding. We almost got skooled again last night blowing that solid lead to the Rays. At least it's fun watching them rebuild. Sort of the fun I have watching the rangers hockey now.

thetieguy

Reaction score
The Tigers finally won 2 in a row. Varitek led the sox to a victory with a pinch hit homerun last night. Arod has been doing well for me on my fantasy team. It is going to be an interesting season. Only about 149 more games to go.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thetieguy
The Tigers finally won 2 in a row. Varitek led the sox to a victory with a pinch hit homerun last night. Arod has been doing well for me on my fantasy team. It is going to be an interesting season. Only about 149 more games to go.

Its rough having to get excited about a mini sweep of the Rays. Seems like so many of the mlb standings are butt backwards.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seems like the yankees play the rays every third game.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
2008 MVP:

p1.manny.ramirez.si.jpg

Farnsworth is such a douche. I'm surprised Beckett didn't plunk Arod, maybe in July...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was in the gym last night rooting for the sox and this 70-year old lady (obviously a yankee fan) told me my mom must be proud.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
2008 MVP:

p1.manny.ramirez.si.jpg

Farnsworth is such a douche. I'm surprised Beckett didn't plunk Arod, maybe in July...

Farnsworth is a douche but it's for not drilling manni banani. And I wished Beckett had hit A-Rod that'll go in the Yankees favor, they need a wake up call.

Sox are playing very good ball right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads