• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Misunderstood Rap Songs

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
I've been hearing "We Fly High" by Jim Jones on the radio all the time and had always thought he was saying, "BOWLING!!" I only learned just recently that he's actually saying, "BALLING!!" and doing the basketball free-throw motion. I hadn't actually seen the music video until recently, when this epiphany dawned on me. My logic at the time was that perhaps he was balling so hard, that he was using bowling balls.

This reminds me of the rap song "Tipsy" by J-Kwon. For an untold number of years, I've been hearing that song at parties and clubs. I had thought he was saying that "everybody in the club gettin' tips" and assumed he was trying to say that he was so wealthy, he could afford to just hand out money to total strangers at the club. I only realized my mistake after a friend of mine sent me the song, and I saw what the title was. I should add that the whole song has an intro where J-Kwon is encourages underage drinking, a part that isn't usually played at parties/clubs.

This makes me wonder how many other songs in other genres have completely gone over my head.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augustus Medici
I've been hearing "We Fly High" by Jim Jones on the radio all the time and had always thought he was saying, "BOWLING!!" I only learned just recently that he's actually saying, "BALLING!!" and doing the basketball free-throw motion. I hadn't actually seen the music video until recently, when this epiphany dawned on me. My logic at the time was that perhaps he was balling so hard, that he was using bowling balls.

This reminds me of the rap song "Tipsy" by J-Kwon. For an untold number of years, I've been hearing that song at parties and clubs. I had thought he was saying that "everybody in the club gettin' tips" and assumed he was trying to say that he was so wealthy, he could afford to just hand out money to total strangers at the club. I only realized my mistake after a friend of mine sent me the song, and I saw what the title was. I should add that the whole song has an intro where J-Kwon is encourages underage drinking, a part that isn't usually played at parties/clubs.

This makes me wonder how many other songs in other genres have completely gone over my head.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

For a while, I thought lyrics in Chris Brown's "Run It" went "Is ya man, on da phone, if he ain't, roll a-no" or something. I figured it was just nonsense.

I don't think I understand a single word uttered in the following song. Probably because I was laughing ****** off too hard to even listen.

"I Got My Finger In Her Doodie Hole" by The Cotton Pickaz

CHOURS
ya girl doing freaky thangs in da bed room
yeah I got my fanga in her doodie hole
hand cuffs and hot wipes 2 get her in da mood
yeah i got my fanga in her doodie hole
late night creepin
early mornin freakin
you a freak 4x

VERSE 1
i got a ***** that like to do it and love
suckin dick and bounce she don't give a f***
if u bust 2 nuts off in a jaw
cause shawty freakin on da low but listen clearly
u hit her 4m the back n stick ya fanga down her chemny
and on that she blows like a whale in the ocean
she screamin n she moanin while im strokin that monkey
dat doodie hole yeah some of ya'll done did it but the rest of yall done
tried it but u just won't admit it you like it and u a freak n u gone show it n u don't give a f if everybody know it cause i know u don got toe up by a ***** f***in u wit his fanga in yo butt so we doing this song 4 u now now respond 2 it we havin sex 1 on 1 u betta come 2 it cause i be on da low alwayz on da go comin out yo back doe wit my in yo booty hole

REPEAT CHOURS

4m the back action non stop luv 2 hear dat p pop
give me head shouldn't have 2 beg lay yo azz down on dis bed
chill out gul don't be scared hell im a thurobred yes slanga pipe laya call me motospread yo legz stick in yo azz is what u said then hold on roll over to the front of this mother f***in bed rest u said it got a funky smell while she moainin and groanin daffy duck oooh u da best she tired of guess sex she wonder whats next her fingas crossin it it's just a freakin show b***h she like this good d**k f he like u should s**t dat kickin n screamin hair pullin n creamin down on her knees sucking and f****n thumb n her butt n im bout 2 bust man but she keeps going movin slow motion makin me moanin even moe horney yeah

REPEAT CHORUS

i got ur gul n da back doin freakin thangz she off da chain ***** suckin on this dangalang i nutt in her mouth cause she went down south naw remmy she thankin dat she dreamin cause i got my fanga in her doodie hole sceamin ******** her real hard i got ur gul ***** leanin man u outta seen me its on dvd yo gul b screamin while i b beating catchin obleedin f****d around n hit da head board plus i got a dead board lock cause she headin 4 non stop action with a all black azz me my d**k my thumb n her azz

i got ma finga in her doodie hole oooh ohh ooh ooh

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My EX-fiancee thought G-N-R sang about little Haitians. I dodged a bullet.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing "We Fly High" by Jim Jones on the radio all the time and had always thought he was saying, "BOWLING!!" I only learned just recently that he's actually saying, "BALLING!!"

ROFLMAO.

<runs to download Doodie Hole>

mizanation

Reaction score
it was a joke in the hood to say &quot;bowling!!!&quot; and act like you're rolling a strike.

i would say 99% of the cats on here don't understand the real meaning behind the rap music that's playing on their ipods. but alas, this is the beauty of slang.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol white people

"Of what is this negro griot hooting!"

mizanation

Reaction score
the origin of black american slang--which is the basis for modern urban slang--is, frankly, to keep the white man guessing. by the time a certain slang term works its way into the white vernacular, it has already been retired in the urban communities. in fact, the use of "crossover" slang in the hood is a red flag--either you're law enforcement or someone who isn't from the hood. in rap, slang is of course, prevalent. it's funny reading the lyric transcriptions on the internet because usually they are wrong--common hood slang terms are misunderstood and interpretted incorrectly. take for instance, 50 cent's "in da club" which is a song everyone on here probably knows. here's the transcription: http://www.lyrics007.com/50%20Ce...%20Lyrics.html "hold down, g's up" should be "ho's down, g's up". it's a reference to the motto used by dr. dre protoge snoop dogg. he's using this to show his alliance with dr. dre. "look *****, i got k-mart" should be "look *****, i done came up". i am not sure what the hell "i got k-mart" is supposed to mean. but, "i done came up" means i finally achieved success.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation

"look *****, i got k-mart" should be "look *****, i done came up". i am not sure what the hell "i got k-mart" is supposed to mean. but, "i done came up" means i finally achieved success.

laugh.gif

You don't think it's a Martha Stewart Collection reference? Gangstas love that ****.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
laugh.gif

You don't think it's a Martha Stewart Collection reference? Gangstas love that ****.

lol. that's hillarious. G-Unit Interior Design Collection, only available at K-Mart.

I actually think "I got K-Mart" is wittier.

that's why you're not a rapper.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently, my girlfriend says that line about Tae-Bo in that Akon song (Smack that, I believe its called) is about S&M
dozingoff.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads