Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 24, 2008.

1. robin

robin Senior member

I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them. The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.
    We are the only external retailer that carries the entire line, so yes, we'll have every single piece of the collection.
    There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

2. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them.

The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.

There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

Off the top of my head i'd say that was about 65% of the collection.

3. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

I really want that Mechanic Sweatshirt and the Mulholland Master. Need to start saving...

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?

5. PETEROCK1

PETEROCK1 Active Member

When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

kiya, can you please save me one!

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt [​IMG]

I wanted to buy a screened tshirt but tbh they're kind of ugly.

7. Django

Django Senior member

Great, I go shopping for a Bonneville now Mr Freedom is going to take the rest of my money. Definetly on for the jeans.

8. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt [​IMG]

Ain't that the truth. If I had the dough, I'd do like Kiya and buy one of everything every season. Well, maybe not every single thing, that denim vest thing is pretty funky in a bad way.

9. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?

They'll only be available at SENY, but you can call in a phone order...

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Excellent. Any idea on the price yet? Is it the one with the red MF script on one side and the blue pea coat on the other, or is it from the speed-safe line?

11. robin

robin Senior member

Some more pictures from off MF's site. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. robin

robin Senior member

I just received the Mister Freedom mariners tote for J.Crew.

It stinks, not kidding here - it reeks of an industrial strength washing detergent that I can even smell from 20 meters away. The quality of the bag itself kind of sucks too, and it seems like one of J.Crew's regular totes that you can buy for $60 at their stores.

It's too bad that the paint job is so cool, because it's gone to waste on this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Yeah, it must be something you have to handle and smell in person cause in pictures, that bag is beautiful.

Also, noticed the tag...is the only part that MF had in the process the screening and painting? Everything else provided by J.Crew?

14. robin

robin Senior member

Also, noticed the tag...is the only part that MF had in the process the screening and painting? Everything else provided by J.Crew?
    I don't know for certain, but that would be my guess. The bag itself is supposedly made here in the U.S. according to someone I talked to about it at jcrew, but the tag that would have been written on was cut out.

From looking at how it was sewn together, I could tell that the canvas was painted first, then put together, and then washed. If there's something special about the canvas, it's not really apparent from holding it. The rusted rivet thing is also something jcrew does with the rest of their totes.

The bag does look great, but it's going to get returned tomorrow. I had to package it back up in an air tight bag because it was stinking up my entire place here. For $200, it's not really worth keeping.

15. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

what do you use that bag for? Groceries? going to the beach?

I guess I'm missing the boat, but I haven't really seen anything by MF that makes me want to go out and spend six times what it's worth for yet.... Maybe I just haven't seen the whole collection?