1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 24, 2008.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

That shore jacket is MINE!

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

^what did I tell you? x-post from sufu: I picked up a shore jacket from kiya on Saturday and have pretty much worn it every day since. I decided to give mine a quick cold soak to get rid of some of the starch, wear it while damp to break it in a little, and let it hang dry. Standing up on its own: [​IMG] The denim really comes alive after a good soaking: [​IMG] The jacket is so damn comfortable! I was wearing it around SF/Napa last week mostly with a flannel and it was perfect for this time of year. Fit pics, with a small peek at the denim utility shirt (very last one ever) that I also picked up at SE, along with my SC bandanna from the party: [​IMG]

3. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Let me join in on this jacket business...

X-Posted from WAYWT:

[​IMG]

Iron Heart Heavy Chambray
    Mister Freedom Shore Jacket
    RJB 106BSP
    Visvim

4. kiya

Mister Freedom - The Third and Final Chapter

The last chapter of the "MFSC Naval Clothing Tailors" has unfolded.

The two previous collections, Spring 08 and Fall 08, captured the working gear and duty clothes that our Sailor had custom tailored in local ports during his 10 year service at sea in the Merchant Navy.

His duty Tour ended in 1946 in the waters of the Indian Ocean. Thereafter the whereabouts of our Seaman are unknown, but his wooden personal locker recently surfaced in a Southern California estate sale.
    Unopened for over 60 years it contained a collection of his personal clothes, tailor made for his private use, when on shore leave and off duty.

The designs of this personal wardrobe came from the "MFSC Naval Supply Research" department and some items were labeled as "Experimental Garment" and made in very limited quantities as test pieces. None of them were intended to be worn on board during service, but rare photographs show our Sailor proudly sporting these garments while at liberty on some Indian Ocean shores...

The locker contained:
    MFSC JS-09: A white denim Shore Jacket
    MFSC PS-09: A pair of denim trousers
    MFSC 645-N and 645-W: Two off-duty custom color Chambray shirts
    MFSC SS-09: A pair of white denim Bermudas
    MFSC VS-09: A multi-pocket denim vest

All these items are now available in extremely limited numbers in-store and in our online store and now even come in women's sizes; check the online store for full spec lists for all six items:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=74

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. robin

robin Senior member

Kiya,

Can you share what you'll be getting in from Mister Freedom for FW09?

6. robin

robin Senior member

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

^dude, it's all on sufu. Oh wait....

He said he was buying one of everything (for himself I think?) except for the Mulholland, but I don't know what will be in-store. I don't think there was a single thing from the naval tailor run that SE didn't carry.

Frankly, I don't know that I'll buy any of it. Maybe one of the tees. The Naval Tailor line will always be king in my book.

8. robin

robin Senior member

No Mulholland? ;_;

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Well you could always order it from MF himself if kiya isn't getting it...

10. kiya

Kiya,

Can you share what you'll be getting in from Mister Freedom for FW09?

We are the only external retailer that carries the entire line, so yes, we'll have every single piece of the collection.

When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

11. robin

robin Senior member

I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them. The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.
    We are the only external retailer that carries the entire line, so yes, we'll have every single piece of the collection.
    There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

12. kiya

I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them.

The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.

There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

Off the top of my head i'd say that was about 65% of the collection.

13. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

I really want that Mechanic Sweatshirt and the Mulholland Master. Need to start saving...

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?

15. PETEROCK1

PETEROCK1 Active Member

kiya, can you please save me one!

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt [​IMG]

I wanted to buy a screened tshirt but tbh they're kind of ugly.

17. Django

Django Senior member

Great, I go shopping for a Bonneville now Mr Freedom is going to take the rest of my money. Definetly on for the jeans.

18. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt [​IMG]

Ain't that the truth. If I had the dough, I'd do like Kiya and buy one of everything every season. Well, maybe not every single thing, that denim vest thing is pretty funky in a bad way.

19. kiya

Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?

They'll only be available at SENY, but you can call in a phone order...

20. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Excellent. Any idea on the price yet? Is it the one with the red MF script on one side and the blue pea coat on the other, or is it from the speed-safe line?