• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crakaveli
workwear for the rich

this is like couture for dudes

workwear inspired maybe,but anyone who actually does work in this has more money than sense.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i understand people like expensive clothes, but theremust be a level of 'i paid 600 dollars for this jacket that i can't easily replace, maybe i'll stick to wearing it on occasions when it won't get crap all over it.''

aypeeone

Reaction score
I just received my first mister freedom piece (cpo)and i've got to admit I was a bit hesitant spending $~400 for a shirt, but after receiving it, i have no regrets. The quality of the shirt is amazing and the details are awesome. I've been wearing it nonstop and cant really wait to see how it fades and evolves.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^that's usually what happens when someone actually buys some MFSC. Nice pickup, and the fit looks great.
Originally Posted by robbie
i understand people like expensive clothes, but theremust be a level of 'i paid 600 dollars for this jacket that i can't easily replace, maybe i'll stick to wearing it on occasions when it won't get crap all over it.''
I just accept that it isn't going to last forever. I'm not going to reroof the house in the stuff, just like I wouldn't in a new pair of Levis 514s (or whatever).

aypeeone

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm so glad I picked it up, i've wanted it for such a long time now and glad I did before they were gone for good. I'm actually planning on making my next purchase very soon

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What will it be?
smile.gif

aypeeone

Reaction score
Most likely the navy sweatshirt, but am also liking the blue chambray that jcrew carries (not sure if there is a difference between the ones jcrew carries and original mfsc ones)

Decisions, decisions..

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^JCrew's MFSC chambrays are washed while the ones you may pick up at self edge are raw.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^right. The raw shrink a full size.

The mechanic's sweatshirt is nice. Not quite my style, though. I could probably pull it off, but I've recently spent a fair bit picking up bits of the Naval line.

aypeeone

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys.

Bits of the naval line? I swear you have practically every piece from that line
laugh.gif

mpcec

Reaction score
You should choose to buy the shore jacket next....

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^know anyone selling one?
wink.gif
Originally Posted by aypeeone
Cool thanks guys. Bits of the naval line? I swear you have practically every piece from that line
laugh.gif

Only six, actually... not even half!
smile.gif
There are one or two others I wouldn't mind having, but that's ok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads