• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We'd like to introduce you to Mister Freedom...
The brainchild of a Frenchman living in Los Angeles by the name of Christophe Loiron, Mister Freedom is the vision of vintage gone deep. The attention to detail is beyond anything we've ever seen by any manufacturer before, and the passion put into every garment is noticed even by pedestrian fashonistas. The line is designed by Mr. Loiron and produced by Toyo Enterprises of Sugar Cane and Buzz Rickson fame.
This is what we'd hope every line would do, but we've found no other person that can come this close to the madness contained within these beautiful pieces.

The concept of the first season is 1930's/1940's Merchant Navy custom tailor-made denim workwear. We'll let the pieces speak for themselves from here out..
The complete line (jeans, shirts, coat, and a bag) is now available in limited quantities in-store and in our online store.
We've done something a bit special for this photoshoot, sending the line to Amsterdam to be shot and modeled by Cotton Duck, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo. Photos by CD, Processing by Ordo, Boots by Wild Child.

Full specs, info, photos:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...4c21ef411afc49

MF_Jeans_01.jpg

MF_Denimshirt_01.jpg

MF_ChambrayShirt_01.jpg

MF_P-Coat_01.jpg

MF_Bag_01.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that Cotton Duck? This line looks good...looks like Superfuture is a breeding ground for future celebrities of the fashion world now.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's some extreme demin nerd **** happening there. I wish the pictures of the chambray shirt were a little more clear. I've been wanting a great chambray shirt but I can't tell what the front looks like. The coat is awesome, not too keen on those denim sailor pants.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm not too keen on the full blown denim thing either but i think individually these pieces can be incorporated in an interesting way into one's wardrobe.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
That's some extreme demin nerd **** happening there. I wish the pictures of the chambray shirt were a little more clear. I've been wanting a great chambray shirt but I can't tell what the front looks like. The coat is awesome, not too keen on those denim sailor pants.

Some good macro shots of the chambray fabric can be found here:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=294

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can see the texture - I just can't see the styling of the front. Does the pocket have a selvedge edge?

entropy kid

Reaction score
Hoooold on... Boots in the photos by Wild Child? The black ones look a bit like Red Wing GT, is that true? More pics please...
Will these come out together with the denim shirts?

Serg

Reaction score
While the details and quality appear to be great, I could not actually see myself wearing any of these (besides the bag) under any circumstances........

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entropy kid
Hoooold on... Boots in the photos by Wild Child? The black ones look a bit like Red Wing GT, is that true? More pics please...
Will these come out together with the denim shirts?

The boots will be released at Patina....

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Serg
While the details and quality appear to be great, I could not actually see myself wearing any of these (besides the bag) under any circumstances........

Serg, you'd be very surprised.. Both of the shirts are very wearable and aren't as out there as the rest of the line once you get to try them on..

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the aesthetic that he's going after. Are there going to be non-denim items to look forward to in the future?

Blenheimer

Reaction score
I really like the jacket and the denim utility shirt.

Apart from the jeans which are interesting but probably an acquired taste, everything looks eminently wearable, even for a non denim-nutcase .

the etruscan

Reaction score
Jeans are really cool, not dark enough, but really cool. Of course, after wearing them for 15 minutes and constantly failing to stick my hand in the non-existent right front pocket, I went half-insane.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads