• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mission Impossible 3 jeans

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What jeans were Tom Cruise wearing in the latter half of Mission Impossible 3? I liked the dark indigo color and subtle fading.

raley

Reaction score
Actually they are Earnest Sewn. At least according to People Magazine (I think that is the one). I was just flipping through it and saw a note that said that Tom Cruise had hundreds (I think) of pairs custom ordered for his work on the movie.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great! ES are officially over!

j/k

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PDCs in War of the Worlds were the BMX wash.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I guess that it pays to be a rich crazy person, you get to custom order a truck load of high end denim.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New pair of jeans every day? Wow, he breaks them in fast!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you guys aren't familiar with continuity editing.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I'm guessing you guys aren't familiar with continuity editing.
Lol beat me to it. So no, Pierce Brosnan doesn't have 300 some-odd MTM Brionis sitting in the closet either.

tangerine

Reaction score
Costume designer Joanna Johnston created 60 variations of the Belstaff Hero jacket Cruise wore in War of the Worlds...

Costume designer Joanna Johnston created 60 different versions of Ray's leather jacket, to illustrate the degrees to which he is weathered from the beginning of the journey to the end. "He begins with the jacket, a hoodie, and two t-shirts," explains Johnston. "Then slowly peels them away until he's left with just a t-shirt and jeans. To me, it's like an old-fashioned hero emerging."
source

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
You know, this begs the question: who gets to keep the stuff after they're done? I'd like a few pairs of ES jeans...

Roland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
You know, this begs the question: who gets to keep the stuff after they're done? I'd like a few pairs of ES jeans...

Most likely Tom sent the truckload of jeans to the Scientology Celebrity Center.

Seriously, he keeps a few pieces from each film. Then he gives out gifts of the piece of clothing with a film still (like what you see at Planet Hollywood). Tom is pretty short, so I doubt many other people could wear the truckload of jeans.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlvdDandy
paper denim & cloth, always. Even when he was a poor dock worker in War of the Worlds he was wearing them. I don't know what cut our wash though.

lol, i noticed that too. even the poor guy rocks PDC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads