• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing a funeral (need advice)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Ugh. I just don't know what the **** I should do.

Err on the side of caution and go.

If you go, you'll probably be bummed for a few weeks at the work load. If you don't you'll think about it much longer and feel much worse.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EL72 and West, you guys are right, and thank you. I'll be going home on Saturday.
Good choice. Enjoy the time with your family.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I now realize I have free-fallen all the way to the bottom of the heap; even conne has me on ignore.
Alas.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I now realize I have free-fallen all the way to the bottom of the heap; even conne has me on ignore. Alas.
laugh.gif
I'd never put you on ignore Rube. Roma, I'm already halfway done with the move, it's not even noon yet. Currently taking a break and eating some Chipotle.
bigstar[1].gif

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
fair play for going, if nothing else you'll learn something new about your family.
Its good to hear stories about your grandparents, there the only ones that still hold a certain magic.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fulcannelli
fair play for going, if nothing else you'll learn something new about your family. Its good to hear stories about your grandparents, there the only ones that still hold a certain magic.
Yes indeed. Last night, Grandpa's bar had its best evening in years. There was apparently a line out the door! People came from all over the area to pay tribute. My grandma went down to thank all of the patrons and spent half an hour just receiving condolences and well-wishes. Very moving, for me at least.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're either a piece of work or ****. Your grandfather dies and you're using it as an excuse to garner more attention from e-friends.

Sorry if it's harsh, but it's obvious by now that you're trying to get every last drop out of this.

For what it's worth, you're entertaining, but this thread is incredibly insincere.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
You're either a piece of work or ****. Your grandfather dies and you're using it as an excuse to garner more attention from e-friends.

Sorry if it's harsh, but it's obvious by now that you're trying to get every last drop out of this.

For what it's worth, you're entertaining, but this thread is incredibly insincere.

and? its a f%$king internet forum, lighten up Doctor Phil

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
You're either a piece of work or ****. Your grandfather dies and you're using it as an excuse to garner more attention from e-friends. Sorry if it's harsh, but it's obvious by now that you're trying to get every last drop out of this. For what it's worth, you're entertaining, but this thread is incredibly insincere.
I am alone, in a different state, grieving over a great loss. This thread has helped me deal with that loss. You can go ************* if you have a problem with that.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am alone, in a different state, grieving over a great loss. This thread has helped me deal with that loss. You can go ************* if you have a problem with that.
Then why even ask if you should go home or not? I don't want to continue this, but I'd like to point out my earlier post regarding judgment because I think it'll solve any real or imagined dilemma. And if I weren't lazy I'd link to a few posts that have dealt with the 'posting personal matters on the Internet' issue. Rach had a few good ones.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last night, Grandpa's bar had its best evening in years. There was apparently a line out the door! People came from all over the area to pay tribute. My grandma went down to thank all of the patrons and spent half an hour just receiving condolences and well-wishes. Very moving, for me at least.

This speaks volumes...

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deaths in the family are rarely convenient for anyone involved. I'm sure your mom or dad (or both) are much more inconvenienced that you. I agree that you should go.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a talk with your profs, they will be understanding and go. Who cares if you are wearing a suit or not, your family needs you and your presence will touch everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads