• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Miss Universe 2006

mimiki

Reaction score
just wanted to know what you all thought of the recent miss universe competition?

i would have liked to see miss Japan win!

and after having looked at the website i think that Miss Indonesia should have made the first cut!

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I think the contestant from Thailand was the hottest. Is it just me or is Carson Kressley not the most annoying person I have ever seen on tv. I hate his voice. He was a horrible choice to help host it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
Is it just me or is Carson Kressley not the most annoying person I have ever seen on tv. I hate his voice. He was a horrible choice to help host it.
agreed. I saw about three minutes of it, the third minute had Carson squealing about womens shoes and I couldnt bear to start watching minute four.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I also thought Ms Japan was sugoi kirei!!

I was surprised Ms PR won, she didnt do anything for me in any of the competition. It was kinda cool to see Ms USA wear Kayne's dress from Project Runway...i guess

There's something overall frightening and completely unsexual about pageant chicks.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys actually watch that crap? The women are hot but all those pageants havent been worth watching since I was 11 and had nothing better to do.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
There's something overall frightening and completely unsexual about pageant chicks.

Then maybe sexuality is overrated

I know what you mean, though.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always think that they look the best on the little videos where they show them in normal clothes visiting a zoo or something.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was better than watching re-runs. I preferred Mexico and Ethiopia over the rest, but I am not complaining about Puerto Rico and Japan. Switzerland needs to eat more - her rib cage

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mimiki
i would have liked to see miss Japan win!

Yikes!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.