1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Minnis Tobacco "DWW" Fresco GMTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by ericgereghty, Oct 28, 2016.

1. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Ditto

2. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I've yet to peruse my PMs, and haven't attempted to consolidate interest from the likely dead Slewfoot fresco thread.

By my count, we'd be at ~27 meters, including my input for a three piece.

I've also put in a message to Huddersfield to inquire about the specs/parameters required for an order to take place.

2 people like this.
  3. ericgereghty

Upon hearing back from Huddersfield, the minimum order is 65m. Not drastically greater than estimated, but a bit more than the initially presumed 60 threshold.

4. ATWright

ATWright Member

Will you try to consolidate from the other forum?

5. ericgereghty

Yes. I will try to drum up interest there. Definitely will not exceed 65 meters, but will hopefully give us a better jumping off point.

6. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior member

7. ericgereghty

So 30ish meters at the moment. Promising...feel free to try and drum up interest on the pertinent threads as well!

8. SimonC

SimonC Senior member

Can @dieworkwear get this onto the PTO blog?

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Probably not really right for PTO, to be honest. This is kind of a niche project for bespoke customers, and only a few readers there order bespoke. Besides, it would be a private pet project and not really right for a site that I work for.

To be honest, with the new Fresco III quality, I think most people should just look into that. It's nice (I've seen it in person). 510235 is a 8/9 oz cloth and a bit light, but 510263 is a heavier 9/10 weight. Color would make for a great suit or sport coat.

10. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Would you happen to have pics? Long shot I know!

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I don't, sorry. They're a pretty neutral dark brown though.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  12. ericgereghty

This was my mindset as well, but, in any event, I'm happy to try and move forward with this run if there is interest.

13. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

Pardon my ignorance, but after y'all receive this fabric, is the plan to take it to a local tailor and have them create a bespoke suit? If so, can anyone provide a obviously very rough estimate of what their tailor charges?

14. ericgereghty

Yes, but the estimated cost really can't be honestly told. You could run the gamut from sub $1000 to probably somewhere approaching $7000 or more...

15. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

My plan would to either do bespoke (if feasible) or do CMT MTM - aka use a retailer who will make a suit/SC for you using cloth you provide

16. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

I'm in for 2.8m. But not sure if this is overtaken by @dieworkwear's latest comment on fresco III.