Mink coat/jacket for men

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hampton, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

I'm looking for fun after a dark brown mink coat (a short one) but can't find anything nice. I know it's not that normal but I actually think it would look pretty nice (or is it to much p.i.m.p?) Google pictures gave me nothing...

Suggestion about other ''normal'' winter jackets would be appreciated, as i've heard Woolrich have great jackets?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  2. TheStormnMormon

TheStormnMormon Well-Known Member

"Tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor..."

[​IMG]

If you've got the cash, and feel you can pull off the look, go for it! More power to you.

As for "normal" winter jackets? Here's a good few that I like personally... I might just have to snag up that BR jacket...:

[​IMG]

^ That's the Banana Republic jacket I mentioned, the source is below - there's a good bunch at all sorts of price points in the slideshow:

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201209/nfl-rookies-coats-gq-september-2012#slide=1

3. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

That's a long one, i'm looking for a short dark brown one. Hard to find saw a guy last winter with a belt strapped to the back. It was very nice.

I'm not so much for ''modern'' jackets as the banana republic. I'm more of a double-breasted overcoat or single one by Corneliani or something like that.

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I noticed the local "upscale" department store has short dark brown mink (I think they're mink) jackets for 14,000RMB (about $2,200 USD). They look and feel very nice. Probably not too convenient or local for the OP though.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

look for something with a fur lining. All the warmth. All the flash (when you unbutton it) and none of the flash when walking down the street.

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

:rotflmao:

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. A removable fur lining would also make it more versatile.