• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mink coat for a man

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
I inquired about this before, but times and fashions change....

Would you wear a full-length mink coat? Classic, conservative, dressy overcoat style....nothing flashy or implicative...Dark brownish color, silky soft fur, blinding shine, nice coat really...
Your significant other likes you in the coat.

Would you wear it?

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but I would be naked underneath it.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.

Would you wear a full-length mink coat? Classic, conservative, dressy overcoat style....nothing flashy or implicative...Dark brownish color, silky soft fur, blinding shine, nice coat really...

Would you wear it?

These two sentences do not go together. You can get a nice coat with a mink collar but a full blown mink puts you in pimp territory. You could also go for a voxsartoria style Bear Cat, all of the hair associated with mink but with none of the pimp.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah... ...but only whilst drivin this...
duncorvo02.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
These two sentences do not go together. You can get a nice coat with a mink collar but a full blown mink puts you in pimp territory. You could also go for a voxsartoria style Bear Cat, all of the hair associated with mink but with none of the pimp.

Chill^^^. Maybe the OP just got a job working for Don King!

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
Unless you are a pimp or drug dealer, I would not wear a full-length mink coat.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.

Would you wear it?

Was it 1890 when you last asked? Or are you Michael Irvin? If the answer to each of these questions is No, then please wear your SO out while wearing the coat, but do not wear the coat out.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
joenamath3kj10-01-11.jpg

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Namath will be outted soon. (Unless I get $12 and a cheeseburger.)

On the coat, I have thought about this since the supply of cheap vintage mink is huge in our town, but would only wear it to a football game. Alas, the Vikings play indoors and the Gophers suck. Of course in St Paul, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an institution of higher learnin'....

What was my point? Oh go for it. And since I live where minks and ermines roam free... they wouldn't think nothing wearing you to a football game.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long would it take, after stepping outside, before some militant animal rights looney punch you in the face?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I kinda like it....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads